Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Univ. of Texas check in...  (Read 41571 times)

sladkaya

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not born in Texas, but got here as soon as I could
    • View Profile
Re: Univ. of Texas check in...
« Reply #640 on: March 14, 2007, 12:15:17 AM »
Did anyone else receive a snail mail invitation to a reception hosted by Dean Sager and the Texas Law Review?  Not sure if this is part of the regular ASW event schedule...

Is it scheduled during the ASW (29-30th)?  I didn't get one, wondering if that's because I told them I won't be able to make ASW.
Accepted: Michigan($$), Northwestern($$$), Vanderbilt($$$), UCLA($$), UT($$$), WUSTL($$$), UIUC($$$$), Notre Dame($$),

Attending: TEXAS !!!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=sladkaya

ShaneFloppier

• View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 14, 2007, 11:34:58 AM »
thats really helpful, thanks! did you ask about your app in particular and did they say the status?

I tried to get them to check my app status, and they evaded it.  Odd how some schools will do this and others won't.   

jtsd19

• View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 14, 2007, 11:37:37 AM »
I received that invite from the Dean as well...what day was the RSVP due?  I don't know if it is a part of the ASW events, but it's not on the schedule that is posted on their website.

We need to RSVP by 3/23.  I'll be at the UT Alumni reception in Los Angeles today, so I'll try and ask Dean Sager for some more info. 

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 14, 2007, 12:08:01 PM »
I received that invite from the Dean as well...what day was the RSVP due? I don't know if it is a part of the ASW events, but it's not on the schedule that is posted on their website.

We need to RSVP by 3/23. I'll be at the UT Alumni reception in Los Angeles today, so I'll try and ask Dean Sager for some more info.

tell him i said hi from the waitlist

kirkcameronsgf

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 14, 2007, 12:13:04 PM »
I received that invite from the Dean as well...what day was the RSVP due? I don't know if it is a part of the ASW events, but it's not on the schedule that is posted on their website.

We need to RSVP by 3/23. I'll be at the UT Alumni reception in Los Angeles today, so I'll try and ask Dean Sager for some more info.

tell him i'd be happy to hear anything, including a WL or ding.

cop a feel for me.

jtsd19

• View Profile
« Reply #645 on: March 14, 2007, 12:27:26 PM »

tell him i'd be happy to hear anything, including a WL or ding.

cop a feel for me.

I'm certainly asking if he's ever read LSD.  And I'll put in a good word for y'all.  Anyone else going to be at the LA reception tonight?

pea27

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 14, 2007, 02:07:51 PM »
Since I have not heard anything either (Out of State, 167, 3.5) I called.  The person I spoke with indicated a few things which I found interesting, and may help others.

1) When they mail the decision, they wait until 5 days after to update the status checker.  So, in essence, she is indicating that checking the status checker is worthless once it goes to complete.

2) They are attempting to make ALL decisions by April 15th.  This was different from GW, for example, who told me they may take up to 6 weeks to decide on currently undecided applicants.

3) No travel reimbursement for Admitted student weekend, so it makes it less likely I (or someone else from out-of-state) will book a last-minute fare to go visit, since it will be March 29-30.

Oh well.  I gotta say, the longer they wait, the more likely I go somewhere else.

i don't know if this means you're not really interested in texas anymore, but if you are...
i had almost identical stats as you (out-of-state as well) and they let me in -- early notification.  so based on numbers you're clearly qualified :)

ShaneFloppier

• View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 14, 2007, 03:17:05 PM »
Since I have not heard anything either (Out of State, 167, 3.5) I called.  The person I spoke with indicated a few things which I found interesting, and may help others.

1) When they mail the decision, they wait until 5 days after to update the status checker.  So, in essence, she is indicating that checking the status checker is worthless once it goes to complete.

2) They are attempting to make ALL decisions by April 15th.  This was different from GW, for example, who told me they may take up to 6 weeks to decide on currently undecided applicants.

3) No travel reimbursement for Admitted student weekend, so it makes it less likely I (or someone else from out-of-state) will book a last-minute fare to go visit, since it will be March 29-30.

Oh well.  I gotta say, the longer they wait, the more likely I go somewhere else.

i don't know if this means you're not really interested in texas anymore, but if you are...
i had almost identical stats as you (out-of-state as well) and they let me in -- early notification.  so based on numbers you're clearly qualified :)

Thanks.  Good to hear.  The thing is, I really want to go to the Admitted Students thing.  So, notification after April 1st means I probably will need to make a decision without visiting and, therefore, make a decision for Vanderbilt or Tulane + $$ much more likely than accepting Texas sight unseen.

General2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 14, 2007, 05:40:08 PM »
Texas Southern and STCL (correct me if I'm wrong about the last one).
W&L Class of 2010

Drew P. Bottom

• Sr. Citizen
  • You do not understand the power of the dark side.
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 14, 2007, 06:52:55 PM »
I'm a Texan and I don't even know that STCL is.

Boss - any news yet from Texas? I remember we had some sort of positive interaction a while back (no idea what it involved) so I have been silently pulling for you ever since.
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -- James Madison