Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Univ. of Texas check in...  (Read 41625 times)

Boss

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
It's been brought to my attention that boss is my favorite poster  :-*

canticleoftheplains

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm here to learn, not to make out with you.
    • View Profile
    • lsn
Re: UT check in...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 06:34:45 PM »
Let us know here if she replies to your comment.
(a)I am the smartest man alive! - W&L$, SMU$, Baylor$$$, UH$
(w)Was it the Penguin?  Did he put you up to this? - UT, NW, Vandy
(p)TT-TTT-T-TT-Today, junior! - W&M

www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=jackdaniel

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 10:06:18 PM »
geez...I really hope they're not waitlisting people just yet.  I know some people get waitlist and deferred confused.  Maybe that's the case?  But then again, why would she be deferred if she didn't apply ED?   ???

My thoughts exactly.  She's got decent numbers and is in-state, so unless she's actually a resident of another state and just attending UG here w/o residency it doesn't make sense. 

Some people are thinking that with applicant numbers down, more schools will use the WL and pull people off later to keep their acceptance rate low.  But still, I can't see a school doing that this early when they could at least wait until after the Feb 1st deadline. 

doesn't waitlisting and then accepting still count as an acceptance for acceptance rate purposes?

General2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 02:11:37 AM »
I feel like it has to be a mistake. And that's what I'm going to choose to believe because it makes me feel better. All of this lsd sentiment that law schools are going to be waitlisting a lot more people this year is not very settling.
W&L Class of 2010

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 10:56:28 AM »
And just cause this is all over the news here and thought you UT hopefuls would be interested...

http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=5904817

Dozens of birds found dead of unknown causes in downtown Austin.  Authorities tested the air and found nothing toxic and are removing the birds for testings/autopsies.

I'm now on a campaign to get everyone withdraw their UT apps.  It ain't worth the bird flu.

I believe this is Voldemort's doing.

Sooner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 11:53:13 AM »
I think just about everyone with an LSAT less than 165, in state or not, got waitlisted or rejected last cycle. I don't think much has changed since then. Good luck, though.
The University of Chicago
The Law School

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 11:58:56 AM »
I think just about everyone with an LSAT less than 165, in state or not, got waitlisted or rejected last cycle. I don't think much has changed since then. Good luck, though.

Their 25th percentile was a 161, and their median was a 166. In the past, they've rarely taken people off the WL apparently. So I really think this has got to be false. It's possible the info about people they take off the WL is wrong, but I doubt they're taking more than 25% of their class in off of the waitlist which is what would have to happen for everyone to get WL or Rejected with an under 165. Admittedly, the chances of acceptanes <165 probably aren't great, but that hardly means just about everyone got rejected/waitlisted

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 12:02:57 PM »

And you're wrong.  They admitted 320 people last cycle with an LSAT under 165.
http://officialguide.lsac.org/OFFGUIDE/pdf/lsac6882.pdf

Thank you boss. Yours was far more effective than mine.

General2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 12:03:26 PM »
W&L Class of 2010

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 12:29:18 PM »
i'm guessing the LSN user from the first post just screwed up and put waitlisted when it was actually being held over from ed to reg app.