Law School Discussion

this Q is for 165+ folks!

Re: this Q is for 165+ folks!
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 11:55:32 AM »
hi!

i did not take a prep course, i personally think they are useless...
i got all the most recent lsac preptest books, the one with the explanations and the ones without explanatiosn just for repeated practice
i found the kaplan 180 book particularly helpful...i took in sept and got a 163 (although that was also due to stressing out too much and my neighbors haveing a party until 430 am) i used the kaplan 180 the next time around, found the concepts helpful, and got a 171 in dec..although def use a more general test help book before that one

also..dont stress out so much..that will be your downfall. stay confident too, i know that sounds cheesy but it does help..

good luck to you!!!

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 12:06:36 PM »
I would recommend taking a course, doesn't really matter which one.  Then do old practice tests.  I was lucky enough to meet someone in a copy shop that had PDFs of every test on a CD and just burned a copy.  I'm guessing these are floating around out there all over the place.

n/a

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2007, 01:12:12 PM »
All the sets of the 10 real LSATs
Master the LSAT
Logic Bible
Games Bible

The above is all you need.

halluv

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2007, 01:36:08 PM »
I know several people have already mentioned it, but I just want to  throw my vote in for the logic games bible; it's wonderful. Logic games went from being my worse to being my best.

I never looked at the logical reasoning bible, but judging by my section split, I probably should have.

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 12:22:50 AM »
i do not appreciate that..at all..RITTANDOCHO FORGOT HIS PW

Fu**k you...arrogant biatch...
It's moments like this that make it all worthwhile.

I feel so warm and fuzzy inside.  :-* :-*

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2007, 12:57:54 AM »
for those of you scored 165+,, tell me what prep materials you used for the lsat...
thanks~~

Powerscore Logic Games and Logical Reasoning Bibles, the two most recent books of 10 LSATs, as well as about six or so of individual LSAT books (which were the most recent tests, from the last 1-3 years). Did not take a prep course.

rtqw- What was your LSAT score? 

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2007, 01:47:02 AM »
ok i'm being 4 real shizzle my nizzle now, i used just a bunch of old preptests

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3100/badmanzw5.png for fullsize

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2007, 05:04:53 PM »
Wow, look, I can do photoshop too!

agreed. i think that guy is still a flame.

Harmonium

• Schiedmayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2007, 05:16:17 PM »
for those of you scored 165+,, tell me what prep materials you used for the lsat...
thanks~~

To the OP: What people have said is right, but it's important that you put the time in a create a plan of study for yourself. Focus hard on finding your weaknesses. The Powerscore bibles have a minimal amount of practice questions. I used many of the early tests in sections as a way to refine skills I learned from those books. It won't help at first to just plow through tons of tests; know the test well already before you start to do that. Of course, if you're taking in Feb you might not have time for that, but I highly recommend it. Also, for games, photocopy them and put them in a three ring binder so you can do them over and over. Get used to doing setups very quickly.

If you do these things, you will know the test before you sit down. I certainly felt that way by the time I took the Dec. 05 test. Especially in LR. you'll swear you've actually heard the questions before because they test such a limited range of skills.

Good luck.

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2007, 09:10:23 PM »

hi,Harmonium

thanks a lot. your advice is really helpful