Law School Discussion

curious..

curious..
« on: January 05, 2007, 12:33:42 PM »
who makes up the Q's on the LSAT? i mean do bunch of people sit down together in a round of table...and discuss the questions..just curious..

Re: curious..
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 01:59:09 PM »
who makes up the Q's on the LSAT? i mean do bunch of people sit down together in a round of table...and discuss the questions..just curious..

All I remember is a prep book (I think it was Powerscore, but I'm not entirely certain) stating that the creation of test questions is outsourced by the LSAC. 

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 04:14:38 PM »

Psychologists make up the test. I forgot the exac word, but it's psychologists/test makers.

LizPendens™

• The Real Alice -- Adventures in Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 07:34:28 PM »
psychometricians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychometrics

and there's a job opening at lsac! (hank?!)

http://www.lsac.org/LSAC.asp?url=/lsac/employment-openings-and-descriptions.asp

Research Scientist
Position Code: RS
Group: Psychometric Research
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.

Primary Responsibilities:
The Law School Admission Council (LSAC), producers of the Law School Admission Test (LSAT), has several open Research Scientist or Senior Research Scientist positions (depending on the experience level of the candidate) in its Psychometric Research Group. Each successful candidate will act as an investigator for psychometric research projects, prepare and disseminate research results, propose new directions and additional projects, and supervise research assistants and other support staff.

The positions require excellent research abilities and organizational skills, the ability to plan and implement diverse activities effectively and efficiently, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to exercise discretion in handling sensitive and confidential material. Experience with statistical analysis software packages is preferable. Evidence of superior research abilities, as demonstrated by published research or standing in the psychometric research community, are required for senior positions.

Qualifications:
Qualified candidates should possess an earned doctorate in educational measurement, statistics, quantitative psychology, operations research, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.

Only resumes with salary requirements will be considered.

LizPendens™

• The Real Alice -- Adventures in Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 04:54:48 AM »
psychometricians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychometrics

I read that link, why I don't know, but now I'm more sure than before
they are psychotics
What's with this part ? "it includes the measurement of knowledge (achievement), abilities, attitudes, and personality traits"
is my score report gonna tell the law schools that I mumble a lot?   

logical reasoning
reading comprehension
analytical reasoning
drooling ability
mumbling factor
irritability quotient

yeah, that's about right.

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 05:24:51 AM »
lsac subcontracts with american college testing, inc., of iowa city, same people who produce act and mcat.  act probably pays "item writers"--lots of college professors, probably--who suggest questions that they develop further.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 05:26:38 AM »
is my score report gonna tell the law schools that I mumble a lot?

no.  but your excessivce masturbation be noted.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 09:07:56 PM »
in prison, maybe.

Julie Fern

• great grandpa mccain = warmonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 12:42:52 PM »
putz.

bubDread

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 01:37:06 PM »
lsac subcontracts with american college testing, inc., of iowa city, same people who produce act and mcat.  act probably pays "item writers"--lots of college professors, probably--who suggest questions that they develop further.

TITCR

one of my philosophy profs was asked to work for them and create a few questions.