Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Can Someone Explain This To Me?  (Read 935 times)

jharpo1

• View Profile
    • Email
Can Someone Explain This To Me?
« on: January 05, 2007, 01:11:27 PM »
How are the letters of recommendation sent to the law school?  Do they all get sent at once or do the law schools come back later and get the letters if they need them from the LSAC?  Basically, I am asking if I can send my applications in before the final letter has been mailed and processed?  Will the law schools only get the letters that have been processed by the LSAC already or will they get the extra one that is in the mail later?

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 01:24:22 PM »
How are the letters of recommendation sent to the law school?  Do they all get sent at once or do the law schools come back later and get the letters if they need them from the LSAC?  Basically, I am asking if I can send my applications in before the final letter has been mailed and processed?  Will the law schools only get the letters that have been processed by the LSAC already or will they get the extra one that is in the mail later?

You can send your apps in with everything but the LORs.  Every time a new piece of your file comes in it will go out to each schools (though some schools only get updates on the 1st and 15th of the month)
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

lawgirl415

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 05:37:16 PM »
Going along with this question....I am applying for Fall 2008. I was wondering if I get my LOR now, will they go out when I send the applications or should I wait on asking?
VOTE MCCAIN/PALIN 2008!!!!!!

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 07:17:40 PM »
Going along with this question....I am applying for Fall 2008. I was wondering if I get my LOR now, will they go out when I send the applications or should I wait on asking?

You need to open your LSDAS account because there is a sheet in there you need to give to your rec'ers to sign.  But after you open your account you can have the letters in there for months before you apply.  I asked for my LORs in May ... it is a good idea if you know who you want to do them ... getting it done early just gives you one less thing to worry about in september and october.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

lawgirl415

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 11:43:47 AM »

You need to open your LSDAS account because there is a sheet in there you need to give to your rec'ers to sign.  But after you open your account you can have the letters in there for months before you apply.  I asked for my LORs in May ... it is a good idea if you know who you want to do them ... getting it done early just gives you one less thing to worry about in september and october.

My account is set up so that is done. I have one professor lined up so I just need to send her my resume and transcript.
VOTE MCCAIN/PALIN 2008!!!!!!