Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: This is My Plan  (Read 820 times)

NYmortgagepro

• View Profile
    • Email
This is My Plan
« on: September 05, 2004, 11:13:20 PM »
Basically this is what my plan is.

I have as much time as I need to take the Lsat. I'd like to take it Feb of 05..

I'm scoring in the mid 150's on the couple of test that I took, My goal is to be in the high 160's or at 170

this is what I'm doing to get there, I hope it works

I just bought mastering the Lsat

The LG and LR bibles

after I go through them I'm going to take 10 exams
see how I'm doing,go to the Powerscore Full class and then keep doing the rest of the test left over. Then finally I'll go take the real thing

I'd like to hear anybody else's plan or maybe some info or advice I could get from you guys would help

nathanielmark

Re: This is My Plan
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 11:16:22 PM »
this is similar to what i did, except i did not have the LR bible.  i wound up doing about 30 real tests though, without a prep course.  my scores pretty much stayed the same towards the end, but i think all the prep helped me from f-ing up on the real deal, even if i didnt get the highest score i was getting in practices.  every bit helps.  sounds like a great plan to me.

NYmortgagepro

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 11:32:27 PM »
how did you do on the real thing?

nathanielmark

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 11:35:49 PM »

NYmortgagepro

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 11:38:22 PM »
if my average scores are up there I'm not going to go to the class unless I feel it's absolutely necessary. but 168 is something I could definately live with

nathanielmark

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004, 11:40:30 PM »
if my average scores are up there I'm not going to go to the class unless I feel it's absolutely necessary. but 168 is something I could definately live with

it really depends on where you want to go to school, i am just looking at part time programs

NYmortgagepro

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004, 12:05:43 AM »
where are you looking to go. I'm in NY I'm looking at Brooklyn Law,Hofstra, and maybe St. Johns they have decent part time programs where I am, because I'm going part time also

nathanielmark

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2004, 12:09:16 AM »
where are you looking to go. I'm in NY I'm looking at Brooklyn Law,Hofstra, and maybe St. Johns they have decent part time programs where I am, because I'm going part time also

i am applying to DC area schools.  if you can hit mid-high 160s, and you have decent GPA you should def look at Fordham and Cardozo.  part time programs are a lot easier to get into, i am guessing you have good WE and hopefully you didnt slack off in UG.  i have been hearing bad things about brooklyn.  rutgers - newark is another option.

NYmortgagepro

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2004, 12:38:25 AM »
actually Brooklyn has a really good rep in NY. alot of people feel it's a under rated school. Fordham and cardozo are out of the way. I'm looking for some scholarship money and it's not likely that I will get it from those guys. plus I'm not looking to work at any big firms. I'm going into private practice right after I graduate