Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: More than 6 schools - Fafsa  (Read 5121 times)

Old and in the Way

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: More than 6 schools - Fafsa
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2007, 04:32:21 PM »
Can someone walk me through how I can now see my two different versions on FAFSA's website? I believe I did it correctly, but want to confirm from a second source before proceeding.

Does this mean I did it correctly --

I can go to FAFSA.ed.gov, click on option 3, click "View or Print your SAR," enter all the confidential sign-in info, THEN I get to the "Transactions" page, where it says ...

"Transactions
Below is a list of the 2007-2008 transactions we have processed for you at the U.S. Department of Education as of 02/07/2007. You can select any of the transaction numbers to view the complete details for that transaction."

And here I can see ....
"Transaction Number Processed Date Expected Family
Contribution (EFC) Transaction Source
02 02/07/2007 51700 Corrections on the Web
01 02/05/2007 51700 FAFSA on the Web"

Is this what you guys are describing as being able to go back and see the different versions on-line after the fact?

Did I do this correctly?

Edna St. Vincent Millay

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Portrait of a Poetess"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2007, 08:35:43 PM »
tag
Flight of the Conchords

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11067696

Northwestern 2010.

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2007, 08:48:21 PM »
Just FYI, I called FAFSA and you have to wait 3-5 days before you can go back and edit the schools ... it didn't work to do it right away !

jeff2486

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2007, 05:50:40 PM »
Just FYI, I called FAFSA and you have to wait 3-5 days before you can go back and edit the schools ... it didn't work to do it right away !

I disagree. I submitted mine right after it was processed and checked with the original schools to see if they had it.

prelaw200

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2007, 05:59:10 PM »
Do we report our outstanding loans on the FAFSA anywhere?
Me Go Cornell

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2007, 09:58:02 PM »

I disagree. I submitted mine right after it was processed and checked with the original schools to see if they had it.

You can't disagree ... that's what happened to me, it just didn't happen to you.  It was after midnight on a saturday night when I was doing it, though ...

jeff2486

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2007, 03:43:27 PM »

You can't disagree ... that's what happened to me, it just didn't happen to you.  It was after midnight on a saturday night when I was doing it, though ...

You didn't wait for it to process.  It has never taken 3-5 days for me.

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2007, 06:48:59 PM »

You didn't wait for it to process.  It has never taken 3-5 days for me.

Well, how long did you wait for it to process?  I did it that Saturday night and didn't get an email about the SARS until Monday or Tuesday ... but I called Sunday and the lady said it takes 3-5 days before you can edit schools ... which is probably covering their butts a little, but still.

Old and in the Way

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2007, 08:57:08 PM »
Can someone walk me through how I can now see my two different versions on FAFSA's website? I believe I did it correctly, but want to confirm from a second source before proceeding.

Does this mean I did it correctly --

I can go to FAFSA.ed.gov, click on option 3, click "View or Print your SAR," enter all the confidential sign-in info, THEN I get to the "Transactions" page, where it says ...

"Transactions
Below is a list of the 2007-2008 transactions we have processed for you at the U.S. Department of Education as of 02/07/2007. You can select any of the transaction numbers to view the complete details for that transaction."

And here I can see ....
"Transaction Number Processed Date Expected Family
Contribution (EFC) Transaction Source
02 02/07/2007 51700 Corrections on the Web
01 02/05/2007 51700 FAFSA on the Web"

Is this what you guys are describing as being able to go back and see the different versions on-line after the fact?

Did I do this correctly?

So....did I do this correctly? I did, right?

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2007, 10:30:15 PM »
Ok, I just deleted my 6 and added 6 more. I got my first SAR over a week ago, and I'm trusting you people. I want to throw up now.
Vanderbilt 2010