Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: More than 6 schools - Fafsa  (Read 5037 times)

jeff2486

More than 6 schools - Fafsa
« on: January 04, 2007, 02:05:09 PM »
Is anyone else concerned with the way you add additional schools to fafsa?  It makes me a bit weary to delete the first six schools after it is processed and add another six.  Anyone have experience of this to put me at ease of knowing that all 12 schools will receive my Student Aid Report (SAR).

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
Re: More than 6 schools - Fafsa
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 02:14:27 PM »
It works fine.  I did it last year.
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.

jeff2486

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 02:44:10 PM »
Thanks...puts me at ease a bit.

chilyonily

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 04:56:35 PM »
So how does this work? I'm a little confused. When you fill it out originally, you put down a maximum of six schools...I get that. But then what happens after you submit it? Do you get it emailed back to you? It's been a little while since I did the FAFSA for UG. When and how do you go in and delete the first six schools and input six more? What is the turnaround time between submitting the first 6 schools and being able to resubmit with the next 6? Is it pretty immediate or are there several days in between? Thanks.

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 08:18:28 PM »
So how does this work? I'm a little confused. When you fill it out originally, you put down a maximum of six schools...I get that. But then what happens after you submit it? Do you get it emailed back to you? It's been a little while since I did the FAFSA for UG. When and how do you go in and delete the first six schools and input six more? What is the turnaround time between submitting the first 6 schools and being able to resubmit with the next 6? Is it pretty immediate or are there several days in between? Thanks.

you submit it and then go in and edit the new schools and then submit again.  i seem to remember that the instructions provided were fairly self-evident.
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

zephyr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 09:57:07 PM »
Are we expected to include our parents' info on the FAFSA? I'm currently a senior undergrad and still considered a dependent. I know most schools will see my parents' info on the Need Access form, but I'm wondering whether I should automatically include them on the FAFSA too.
Jim McAllister: Larry, we're not electing the f-ing Pope here. Just tell me who won. -Election

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 09:58:34 PM »
doesn't it say to include it if you are dependant?

zephyr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 10:00:15 PM »
From a quick search of some school's fin aid sites, I've found that GW, Temple and Cornell explictly say that parents' info is NOT necessary.
Jim McAllister: Larry, we're not electing the f-ing Pope here. Just tell me who won. -Election

zephyr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 10:02:37 PM »
On the FAFSA site, one is considered "independent" if they answer "yes" to the following:

At the beginning of the school year 2007-2008, will you be working on a master's or doctorate program (such as an MA, MBA, MD, JD, Ph.D., Ed.D., graduate certificate, etc.)?

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 10:05:43 PM »
On the FAFSA site, one is considered "independent" if they answer "yes" to the following:

At the beginning of the school year 2007-2008, will you be working on a master's or doctorate program (such as an MA, MBA, MD, JD, Ph.D., Ed.D., graduate certificate, etc.)?

then you've answered your own question.