Need guidance, or help, or something

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
Need guidance, or help, or something
« on: January 04, 2007, 07:30:08 AM »
So I've tried my PS 3 times, and I can't find a topic that I can naturally write 2 pages on, even though my life is fairly interesting. I just find that there's not much that I've done in the past that really relates to why I want to be a lawyer, but I'm certain it's what I want to do. There's never been any sort of Aha! moment in my life where I realized this was my dream, and I haven't been prepping for this all my life.

I guess my question is, if I can't think of anything good in the next, oh, 24 hours, should I just force myself to write a 2 page PS that I'm not happy with? Or should I delay my apps yet another week and try to find a PS I can be proud of? Thanks!

ptown

• View Profile
Re: Need guidance, or help, or something
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 07:43:20 AM »
I wouldn't feel constrained by thinking that you MUST write about why you want to be a lawyer.  I do not think that most people have this Aha! moment as you describe it, so when they try to fudge something together I would imagine it comes out sounding trite and boring to the adcomms.  Just write about something that can engage your reader and show who you are, unless the school specifically asks you to write on a certain subject.