Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: IS IT TOO LATE?  (Read 592 times)

sandra

• View Profile
IS IT TOO LATE?
« on: January 03, 2007, 09:23:08 PM »
Hi.  I am new to this forum today.  I didn't realize how BEHIND I am. Majority of people have turned in their applications already?  I only have roughs.  Would someone be willing to help me out and critique the sh*t out of it??  I also have an addendum that seems too long~ need help. 

Worse, I don't expect to get any of my LOC for another week.  Am I doomed?  What happens if LSAC do not receive it in time for deadlines?  I see that there is some layover time between processing.  HELP. How detrimental is it that I'm turning applications in this late in the game (not for another week at least due to LOC).  Someone. I'm stressin. thanks.

gocanes

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: IS IT TOO LATE?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 09:29:00 PM »
your chances at reach schools are much slimmer than they would have been had you applied earlier. your chances at target schools have also decreased somewhat.

but, no, you are not too late to apply. you applications must be in by the deadline, but the other files necessary to go complete can come in later (however, i think that going complete any time after mid-february is a huge disadvantage because most of the class has already been selected)
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=umgocanes

game, set, match (attending):
ace (accepted): Cornell, GW ($$), Washington and Lee ($$$$), Wake Forest
duece (w/l): UMichigan
double fault (rejected): Stanford, Columbia, Berkeley
Pending: GULC, UPenn, Chicago, UCLA

sandra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 09:55:31 PM »
Thank you so much for you reply.  I am now officially freakin out hardcore.  I have just screwed myself over havent I?  Well, then I will definately need some help on my statement and addendum.  If anyone has some free time and like critizing people, please considere helping this poor gal out.  Thanks

Law School Hero

• Sr. Citizen
  • Telepathy doesn't seem to be having any effect...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 10:21:44 PM »
it isn't too late.  it is all relative.  if applications go back up next year, which is possible, it could be that applying in january of this year puts you in a better spot than november of next year.  it all depends.  ya relative to this year if you'd applied in october you'd be better off than applying now but all indicators are that apps are down a good amount again so i'd say apply away. 

i mean if you don't mind waiting wait but if you want to move forward apply.  there are no guarantees that applying earlier next year will be better than applying right now this year.  generally speaking the earlier the better but it is better to apply late in a down year then early in a surge year more than likely.  good luck.

gentlesea

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 11:36:41 PM »
It depends on what schools u r applying for. The deadline of W&M is August. Yet get everything done as soon as possible. Writing to LSAC might also be helpful.  I wrote to LSAC to inquire about transcript, it might be pure coincidence, but the next day they got my transcript processed.
LSAT: June 160 Dec. 168 GPA: 3.6
Attending:
Accepted:
Rejected:
Applying: Boalt, Michigan, UCLA, GW, Boston, Minnesota, Vanderbilt

Nart

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 05:07:19 AM »
This is why schools have deadlines. It's never too late until you've passed the deadline.

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 12:52:50 PM »
Ok, these posts have calmed me down a little (I'm in a similar situation - I have everything in except one stupid LOR...grrr....)

BUT - what I really want to know is, am I too late to get MONEY? I'm pretty sure I'll get in to where I want to go (not trying to sound cockey, but my top choice right now is Penn State Dickinson and I have a 4.11 / 166 - well above the medians). But if I don't go complete for another couple of weeks, will I still be able to get a scholarship?