Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Brooklyn Waitlist, Anyone?  (Read 6401 times)

Iceslip

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brooklyn Waitlist, Anyone?
« on: January 03, 2007, 04:11:13 PM »
Well, unfortunately, Brook. waitlist (I expected it though, with 159 and 3.47)...disappointing nevertheless; also, I saw note in regards to a "primary" and "secondary" waitlist and I'm on that secondary list.  From my understanding, this secondary list is basically a no-go right?  At best, you will get a call from Brook. saying, "you have 38 sec. to accept a position in our PT program, take it or leave it," correct?

Rutgers-Newark it is; wanted NYC, but I'll take NJ.

sarahlina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Brooklyn Waitlist, Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 03:39:53 PM »
I have similar numbers and am expecting to be in the same position as you - Why won't they just tell me already!

Jackie Chiles, ESQ.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Who told you to put the balm on?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 08:04:35 PM »
when did you send your app to them? i sent mine to them recently for their PT program

sarahlina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 11:13:16 PM »
I sent mine in around Thanksgiving but I didn't go complete until recently because the Dean's Certificate took awhile in arriving.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 11:38:11 PM »
I was waitlisted at Brooklyn and was very discouraged by the rude waitlist letter (which I believe has since been revised).  But if you want to go, show your interest.  I wrote a quick letter of continued interest, and I was offered admission about a week later (if that).  I ended up with a full ride, and I didn't make my final decision until late May or even June.  They don't walk their talk, you know?
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
  • At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 09:27:34 PM »
I was waitlisted at Brooklyn and was very discouraged by the rude waitlist letter (which I believe has since been revised).  But if you want to go, show your interest.  I wrote a quick letter of continued interest, and I was offered admission about a week later (if that).  I ended up with a full ride, and I didn't make my final decision until late May or even June.  They don't walk their talk, you know?

Could it be because you had very high numbers, and they YP WL you?

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 11:17:03 PM »

Flatterer!
I don't think so.  My numbers weren't that high (I was a high LSAT/low GPA splitter).  But it's possible, I guess.  In any case, I don't think anyone should be discouraged by the note about having to alert them immediately and provide blood of 100 virgins, etc., if you get off the list.  This is a good opportunity to send in supplemental materials.

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 01:30:55 AM »

Flatterer!
I don't think so.  My numbers weren't that high (I was a high LSAT/low GPA splitter).  But it's possible, I guess.  In any case, I don't think anyone should be discouraged by the note about having to alert them immediately and provide blood of 100 virgins, etc., if you get off the list.  This is a good opportunity to send in supplemental materials.

Maybe so, but having read some of your posts, etc. I suspect that is what happened  ;), Either way, I'm very happy it worked out for you! I hope everyone else who's hoping for Brooklyn Law has similar luck.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 01:40:57 AM »
Maybe so, but having read some of your posts, etc. I suspect that is what happened  ;), Either way, I'm very happy it worked out for you! I hope everyone else who's hoping for Brooklyn Law has similar luck.

Thanks, jetsboy.  I think we've been on the other side of things once or twice, so I find this especially heartwarming.  I join you in wishing luck to all of the BLS hopefuls.  It really is a great place.  I have been pleasantly surprised.

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 01:55:58 AM »

Thanks, jetsboy.  I think we've been on the other side of things once or twice, so I find this especially heartwarming.  I join you in wishing luck to all of the BLS hopefuls.  It really is a great place.  I have been pleasantly surprised.

Really? I have no recollection of that...either way, I definitely find you to be one of the more articulate, insightful posters around here. Definitely sorry if I've ever offended you. I have a friend or two at BLS...I've heard nothing but good things.