Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Brooklyn Waitlist, Anyone?  (Read 6242 times)

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ask+me
    • View Profile
Re: Brooklyn Waitlist, Anyone?
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2007, 09:33:43 AM »
Funny I got the same couple of packages, I was sure it was my acceptance.  It is cruel to send a medium sized thick envelope to someone waiting to get an acceptance letter.

I agree.  I haven't heard anything from Brooklyn other than that I was complete.  I see a huge ass envelope from them and am like "OH WOW! This must be good news!!" only to see it's some books asking me to apply to more programs.

Needless to say, I was disappointed.   >:(
USD 2010

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ask+me
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2007, 09:42:03 AM »
Any thoughts out there on potential merit of choosing St. John's over Seton Hall or Rutgers-Newark?  It seems like it may give you some better chance in NYC, but honestly if one is also interested in pursuing a career in NJ, Seton and RU-N are far superior.

This is a very tough decision I think.  Originally when I refused to leave the NYC area, I thought I'd be choosing between the 3 if Cardozo/Fordham/Bklyn didn't accept me -- still waiting on all 3.  However, I ended up not even applying to Seton Hall (long story) and at this point am almost definitely heading to Cali (of course that can change).

When I was considering it, it was always Seton Hall -> St. John's -> Rutgers, in my head.  Although I only visited Seton Hall, I have 2 friends at St. John's who are 1Ls and they love it.  I would've gone with SH because it's supposedly a better school, much easier to commute to from NYC and NJ (where I planned to live with the then-girlfriend by 2L) and would open a lot more doors in NJ than St. John's. 

If someone were indifferent in regard to location and got into all 3 schools, I think it'd be wise to visit all 3, consider which school specializes in an area of interest to them and figure out which one would end up being the wisest investment based on cost and scholarships.  Because at the end of the day, all 3 schools are pretty even with SH having perhaps a small edge.
USD 2010

Cletus Vandam

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2007, 07:30:52 PM »
Anyone here anything yet from Brook WL?  I was just perusing the older messages in this thread and was just curious

Also: anyone know about PT?  Thanks.

sarahlina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2007, 07:41:36 PM »
I haven't heard anything at all

no name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2007, 09:49:11 PM »
I got an offer from BLS to either accept their PT offer or get (remain?) waitlisted.  I was told if they need to take people off WL during the summer, people who accepted PT programs will get a chance first, so I hope it's true.  I really like the school, at least what I saw, but if I get off the waitlists for FT at say WF or AU, I'd probably take it.

radar1

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2007, 10:32:27 PM »
I just got my Waitlist letter today... There was no mention of a "primary" and "secondary" list... is this because I'm a little later on in the cycle?

Also, what's this about them ranking their waitlist applicants?

philzaga

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2008, 05:53:25 PM »
Bringing this thread back to life for the 2008 cycle.  I got waitlisted in mid-February.  Anyone else? 

PrettySmile212

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2008, 08:36:46 PM »
I was waitlisted to BLS last week. philazaga, any good news since February?

Sergio

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2008, 02:52:07 PM »
I applied in November and have heard nothing.

philzaga

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2008, 05:17:15 PM »
I was waitlisted to BLS last week. philazaga, any good news since February?

Yeah. I got a phone call acceptance into their P/T day division two days ago.  So, I'll be there this Fall.  Send in LOCIs, both e-mail and letter (try to send them to the director of admissions or the dean himself).  You guys can find me on LSN, same username as my LSD username.  So, best of luck, prospective classmates!