Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted TODAY !!  (Read 682806 times)

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #5380 on: January 31, 2008, 06:57:09 PM »

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: January 31, 2008, 06:59:27 PM »

Pam Beesly

• Sr. Citizen
  • Oh, Jim.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5382 on: January 31, 2008, 07:08:30 PM »
Let me break up this image-fest and say congrats to you, Truth! I have no doubt that you earned and therefore deserve all your acceptances. And no more images, pleeeease.  ;)

Krusty, your time will come, but while you're waiting how about being encouraging and supportive? Best of luck to you!

namehasbeenchanged

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: January 31, 2008, 07:27:51 PM »
congrats!

saradsun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Off to Cali
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5384 on: January 31, 2008, 07:56:51 PM »
hurray! congrats bric and today's other admits :)

ms04003

• View Profile
« Reply #5385 on: January 31, 2008, 08:31:11 PM »
In at UGA via status checker!  :D

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: January 31, 2008, 09:47:36 PM »
Respect the man's soft factors!! I'm glad to see that every school isn't number whores...

Just because they accept one out of a hundred people based largely on soft factors doesn't mean that they're still not "numbers whores."  Let's not delude ourselves there. 

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: January 31, 2008, 09:50:52 PM »

okay, so i'm hatin. but seriously, NW better have a friggin good explanation. i study my butt off for the LSAT because i know its a huge admissions factor. i do very well (not compared to most lsd'ers mind you) and someone who doesn't do nearly as well gets in before i do. that's very frustrating.

Dear Krusty,

Shut up. If you did better on the LSAT's, you would have gotten into NU. Truth didn't get in at your expense. Try to be introspective instead of blaming others for your failings. I'm sure you did study your "butt off", but maybe trying a little harder would have bumped you up a point or two. In the long run, it doesn't really matter. With that attitude, you're probably not going to be a success regardless of what LS you go to. Oh yeah, and you DID well on the LSAT's. You don't DO well on something that's already occured. Past tense, jackass.

Sincerely,

J.D.

While I agree that Krusty shouldn't have reacted the way he did, calling out Truth the way he did, he also has a right, as he mentioned in his last post, to be frustrated. 

Is the idea that someone 10 points below the median better have amazing soft factors really controversial, as he stated in one of his posts? 

Of course, some of us, myself included, know Truth's soft factors.  Others do not. 

autumn

• View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: January 31, 2008, 10:31:18 PM »
Northwestern with a 157? Are you serious? Life is not fair. 10 points higher on the LSAT and a higher GPA and I get held. That's bogus.

here!  have some!

okay, so i'm hatin. but seriously, NW better have a friggin good explanation. i study my butt off for the LSAT because i know its a huge admissions factor. i do very well (not compared to most lsd'ers mind you) and someone who doesn't do nearly as well gets in before i do. that's very frustrating.

It's called URM Krusty.  People that have had (or are assumed to have had) more adversity to overcome in life are considered (even with lower numbers) to have come further even though your numbers are higher.

It is actually pretty disgusting to whites given that not all of us are privileged (I know I am not).  That is pretty much the reason I am going to Pepperdine.  :)  You wanna come with?

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: January 31, 2008, 10:40:50 PM »
This won't be a popular response, but I know Truth's soft factors and I'm honestly not that impressed. That is not to say that I don't think what he's done is pretty cool and important, but that they're not as "AMAZING" as he says they are in his LSN profile. They're very strong, but to think that the acceptances come more from them than being a URM is delusional.

In any case, I'm all for milking all that you can to get ahead...so in that respect, great job Truth. But seriously, stop being a tool (read: posting all those pictures). It's neither witty, funny, nor original. Worst of all, it feeds trolls (and JeNes).
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011