Law School Discussion

Accepted TODAY !!

shayee053

• Texas 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #3930 on: December 19, 2007, 06:59:15 AM »
For those who got accepted to Emory did your status change to decision before you received the call??

gclemen1

« Reply #3931 on: December 19, 2007, 07:13:47 AM »
For those who got accepted to Emory did your status change to decision before you received the call??

No, it still just says complete.

I just called up UIUC because its been so long since my letter mailed date on the status checker, talked to suzanne, and she said I was accepted with 15k a year!!!!  I am really surprised I am getting into so many T25s so early :) :) :)

« Reply #3932 on: December 19, 2007, 07:45:43 AM »
in at GW

Congratulation! If you don't mind, how were you notified? Phone or mail? Also, did you do the Early Decision?

« Reply #3933 on: December 19, 2007, 08:17:47 AM »
Thanks for the info- I can't believe that they called 15 minutes after you changed from ED to RD!

Yes- I'm ED also but its a bit of a long shot for me (average numbers, Non URM). Here's to hoping. =)

« Reply #3934 on: December 19, 2007, 09:41:59 AM »
In at George Mason!  :)  Just got the call and was told they'd be sending out acceptance packages in the next few days.

« Reply #3935 on: December 19, 2007, 09:46:17 AM »
In at George Mason!  :)  Just got the call and was told they'd be sending out acceptance packages in the next few days.

Congrats Kaycee! I live in Arlington - 2 minutes from the law school. It's such a great/fun area.

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3936 on: December 19, 2007, 09:57:15 AM »

Congrats Kaycee! I live in Arlington - 2 minutes from the law school. It's such a great/fun area.

How does Fairfax/Mason compare to Williamsburg/W&M...? Any thoughts?

nicole1220

• I feel like that Chihuahua.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: December 19, 2007, 10:00:59 AM »
Mason's law school is much closer to D.C. than it is to the Mason main campus in Fairfaix. The law school's location is pretty great- close to the metro, lots of things to do, cheaper housing than in D.C. itself. My friends who go there love it!

« Reply #3938 on: December 19, 2007, 10:18:26 AM »

How does Fairfax/Mason compare to Williamsburg/W&M...? Any thoughts?

It's not in Fairfax. It's in Arlington, just over the city line. Very close to Georgetown & GW. GTown is across the river and GW is a few metro stops away. The law schools is right in between Clarendon & Ballston (Arlington neighborhoods) - which are very very fun areas - tons of bars, restaurants, shopping. Lots of recent college grads/young professionals. There really isn't a comparison between Arlington & Williamsburg. Arlington has a very urban feel and Williamsburg is more small town. If you're looking at Mason you should visit. I lived in DC for a year and then moved a few stops down to Arlington. I love it. I will be sad to leave :( But not too sad  ;)

phranboy

« Reply #3939 on: December 19, 2007, 10:25:33 AM »
In at GMU too, but for PT Evening having indicated a preference for both... not bad tho'!