Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted TODAY !!  (Read 680645 times)

hotpot

• View Profile
Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #2500 on: March 14, 2007, 11:43:04 PM »
Same as Drew here. In at USC by snail mail (which takes a week to arrive by the way). I bet they used the same small white envelopes for rejection too. The letter says the "real" package (with financial aid and other information) will arrive in a few days.

Good luck everyone!

IN AT USC!

Only took them a gazillion years. By snail mail. No word of scholarship.
Michigan 2010 Fall Starter!

whatthexxisgoingon

• View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: March 15, 2007, 12:28:58 AM »
 ;D IOWA today. Email from Admin office and Dean. Can't be more excited as a borderline applicant...

SugarJ

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: March 15, 2007, 12:36:46 AM »
In at UCLA via phone call tonight... my first phone call experience. I think I was awkward. but it was still exciting!
I NEVER answer calls from numbers not programmed in my phone. I think this will stave off the inevitable awkwardness... assuming I get a phone call acceptance
Yeah... I've started screening my calls now that professors and current students keep calling my phone. I'll let them leave a message...  :D

Sugar, did you get a Cornell call tonight? I missed a call from that area code.

Congrats to all of today's acceptances! I'm still really encouraged to hear they're still coming in--and from really great schools too.

Okay, detective skills in action. I've been screening my calls, and I got a 607 area code call at like 7:15. I quickly googled the area code, and it showed western NY. I decided to pick up, and it was a survey thing about law schools, where you're applying, what you think of the process, etc.  ??? I was really annoyed on the phone and was like "HOW did you get my number??" Apparently they got the numbers of all people that took the LSAT. Then I asked how long it would take, and when he said 20 minutes, I vetoed and hung up.

You probably got that call too! A 607 area code (which I just now realized is Cornell) in the evening! Now that I'm thinking about it... it seems kinda sketchy. Maybe it's a Cornell adcomm calling all the Cornell admits to find out where else we're considering!  :D :D
Cornell Class of 2011 (deferring for a year!)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=30secondstolaw

kirps

• Sr. Citizen
  • Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2503 on: March 15, 2007, 12:37:55 AM »
In at UCLA via phone call tonight... my first phone call experience. I think I was awkward. but it was still exciting!
I NEVER answer calls from numbers not programmed in my phone. I think this will stave off the inevitable awkwardness... assuming I get a phone call acceptance
Yeah... I've started screening my calls now that professors and current students keep calling my phone. I'll let them leave a message...  :D

Congrats to all of today's acceptances! I'm still really encouraged to hear they're still coming in--and from really great schools too.

Okay, detective skills in action. I've been screening my calls, and I got a 607 area code call at like 7:15. I quickly googled the area code, and it showed western NY. I decided to pick up, and it was a survey thing about law schools, where you're applying, what you think of the process, etc.  ??? I was really annoyed on the phone and was like "HOW did you get my number??" Apparently they got the numbers of all people that took the LSAT. Then I asked how long it would take, and when he said 20 minutes, I vetoed and hung up.

You probably got that call too! A 607 area code (which I just now realized is Cornell) in the evening! Now that I'm thinking about it... it seems kinda sketchy. Maybe it's a Cornell adcomm calling all the Cornell admits to find out where else we're considering!  :D :D

Got that one too, Aaaaaaaanoying!
In: W&L, DePaul, NEU, Seattle, BC($$$)
Not Not In: GW, Cornell,American, UVA, Vandy
Not In: UW, ND, HLS, UMich, Chicago,  Yale, G-Town, Duke

LSN

Blog[/url

SugarJ

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: March 15, 2007, 12:38:52 AM »

Got that one too, Aaaaaaaanoying!

Did you do the survey?

Weird... I just googled the phone number and the first 6 digits (including area code) are from Ithaca...
Cornell Class of 2011 (deferring for a year!)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=30secondstolaw

kirps

• Sr. Citizen
  • Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2505 on: March 15, 2007, 12:56:37 AM »
I didn't do the survey, told them I had a phone call coming, didn't feel like dealing with it, they want to call me back tomorrow...
In: W&L, DePaul, NEU, Seattle, BC($$$)
Not Not In: GW, Cornell,American, UVA, Vandy
Not In: UW, ND, HLS, UMich, Chicago,  Yale, G-Town, Duke

LSN

Blog[/url

ImpactPlayer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: March 15, 2007, 03:14:40 AM »
Congrats everyone!

Vulture

• View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: March 15, 2007, 03:28:57 AM »

Got the same call...607 is Cornells area code but im not sure they are related.  The company is "wdma market research", they asked me my lsat score/gpa, where I applied, and if I had requested information about certain schools (villanova, brooklyn, a few others), though I declined to answer or was vague in most cases.  The number is 607-330-5300 for those that are curious.  The real question, I suppose, is whether or not non-Cornell applicants recieved such a phone call.
Vulture, you're sick. What you accomplished... that's like a Chuck Norris Fact.

chris23

• View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: March 15, 2007, 07:02:51 AM »
I don't mean to sound like a snot but has anyone else not heard from schools that they should have gotten into and that they've have seen other people get into who applied after I did and had much lower stats?  My particular school is AU.  I've gotten into more competitive schools (BU, BC, WM, Emory) but have not heard a peep from AU since I went complete back in early December.  I really like AU for their International Law program and am getting nervous.

Funky Cold Hrdina

• Sr. Citizen
  • Relative Anonymity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: March 15, 2007, 07:24:16 AM »
TEXAS!!  ;D
out of state'r.

also WL'd at UCLA.  :-\

I love the ides of March, beware shmeware.