Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted TODAY !!  (Read 679616 times)

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ask+me
    • View Profile
Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #2460 on: March 13, 2007, 01:54:29 AM »
I hven't been on here for about a week, but just found out I got into Fordham PT!!  Reallly happy!!!!

Congrats!  Mind sharing when you applied and some numbers?  (I feel like I've asked you at least part of that before...)
USD 2010

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: March 13, 2007, 01:00:38 PM »
Also got the email from Dean Zearfoss this morning. (3.68 169)

Last Thursday I was in the dumps with nothing but deferrals (6 of them) and waitlists (2) since December...then I get a money offer from Duke, and an acceptance from Michigan.  I'm right back on top.  This is a DON'T LOSE HOPE message to those still waiting.

I'm just bummed that I can't make a UM ASW now.  I've missed the first and the second conflicts with G'Town and Duke, and I already have airline tickets and RSVPs in at both.  Well, I'm not that bummed. ;D

Good for you tapper!  That 165-169 range is tricky.  For the T14 schools in most cases, I think they see the scores as high, but whether or not it is high enough depends on a whole lot of other factors.  Needless to say it also creates a lot of waiting too.  CONGRATS though I love seeing success through adversity.  Go figure  :P 
Yale 2010

tapper

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2462 on: March 13, 2007, 02:11:16 PM »
Also got the email from Dean Zearfoss this morning. (3.68 169)

Last Thursday I was in the dumps with nothing but deferrals (6 of them) and waitlists (2) since December...then I get a money offer from Duke, and an acceptance from Michigan.  I'm right back on top.  This is a DON'T LOSE HOPE message to those still waiting.

I'm just bummed that I can't make a UM ASW now.  I've missed the first and the second conflicts with G'Town and Duke, and I already have airline tickets and RSVPs in at both.  Well, I'm not that bummed. ;D

Good for you tapper!  That 165-169 range is tricky.  For the T14 schools in most cases, I think they see the scores as high, but whether or not it is high enough depends on a whole lot of other factors.  Needless to say it also creates a lot of waiting too.  CONGRATS though I love seeing success through adversity.  Go figure  :P 

I do think that there is an effect upon seeing a 7 instead of a 6 in the tens digit of an LSAT score.  Not that I'm at all complaining!  And then there was my barely sub-3.7 LSAC GPA...had me obsessing over the number 7 all winter.

At least in my case, I found the dividing line was actually the T10 group.  11-14 gave me plenty of love (except NWern, but to be honest, I didn't really give that one a lot of effort).  4-10 were highly ambivilent. :)

And your Yale acceptance will be a favorite tale of members of this message board ad infinitum.  Congrats on being "that guy I heard about who got into Yale"  ;D

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: March 13, 2007, 02:50:17 PM »
I do think that there is an effect upon seeing a 7 instead of a 6 in the tens digit of an LSAT score.  Not that I'm at all complaining!  And then there was my barely sub-3.7 LSAC GPA...had me obsessing over the number 7 all winter.

I'm still bitter about missing it by 1 point also. Damn you maize corn.

I will absolutely join this club.  Basins of attraction, you can lick my sack.

thestradgirl

• LSD Obsessed
  • where dreams you dare to dream really do come true
    • MSN Messenger - hanui@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - thestradgirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: March 13, 2007, 02:52:49 PM »

I'm still bitter about missing it by 1 point also. Damn you maize corn.

I will absolutely join this club.  Basins of attraction, you can lick my sack.

basins of terror >:(
this guy
------------------------------
I say that good painters imitated nature; but that bad ones vomited it.

Miguel de Cervantes (1547-1616)

katrines

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: March 13, 2007, 03:57:46 PM »
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

just got the call from BU! Yay! It's been 3 months since my last acceptance!

I am UNBELIEVABLY jealous! Congratulations!!! That must feel great. Any chance of sharing numbers?

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #2466 on: March 13, 2007, 04:04:43 PM »
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

I am UNBELIEVABLY jealous! Congratulations!!! That must feel great. Any chance of sharing numbers?

At first I read that as BYU... I don't know why... Anyways, congrats. Oh, and numbers please. Also, when did you apply?

I've been waiting for BU since October-ish.
VIP.

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #2467 on: March 13, 2007, 04:24:52 PM »
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

At first I read that as BYU... I don't know why... Anyways, congrats. Oh, and numbers please. Also, when did you apply?

I've been waiting for BU since October-ish.

without sharing too much, i honestly thought i was a borderline auto-reject with my index number (below 200), so there is hope! it's been 14 weeks since i went complete so it has been a frustrating waiting game!

A lot below or a little? Soft factors galore or average/boring?

Give me something here!!!
VIP.

m1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: March 13, 2007, 04:58:30 PM »
In at Penn by phone.  When I heard the message to call back, I nearly had a heart attack.

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: March 13, 2007, 05:06:24 PM »
In at Penn by phone.  When I heard the message to call back, I nearly had a heart attack.

Congrats, wanna tell em to let me in too?

Pretty please?