Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted TODAY !!  (Read 682159 times)

showtime

• View Profile
Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #2440 on: March 12, 2007, 11:02:23 AM »
In at UKT as well

Ersatz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: March 12, 2007, 11:41:44 AM »

Was it someone named Charlotte who called you from Penn? I had a voicemail from her on Friday, but I didn't get to my phone in time to call them before they closed. I'm really, really, really hoping that they called me to give me the good news, but I don't want to assume that - and I have to wait till Monday to be able to call them and find out. Argh.

Yea! It was a lady named Charlotte and she had what I think to be a British accent...I thought she was going to ask me things about my application, b/c it didn't sound like a "your accepted" phone call.  Guess I thought wrong.  Good Luck!!

Oh, man. Cool. *crosses fingers*

That's totally an acceptance. It's the same lady who called me a few weeks back, and I couldn't tell what her name was from her message (because of the accent), so I kind of had to wing it when I called back and asked for her. Long story short--you're in!

Just called Penn and talked to Charlotte. Now it's official - I'm in at Penn! Whoooooo!

qqly

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2442 on: March 12, 2007, 11:55:44 AM »
In at Michigan.

Complete since late December, never received any communication except asking me to wait patiently.

Email from assistant dean of admissions, Sarah.

Status checker still at complete.

LSAT 167, no GPA.

Commie Panda

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: March 12, 2007, 11:59:26 AM »
In at Michigan.

Complete since late December, never received any communication except asking me to wait patiently.

LSAT 167, no GPA.

Congrats! Why no GPA?

qqly

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2444 on: March 12, 2007, 12:04:03 PM »
In at Michigan.

LSAT 167, no GPA.

International, it is actually not that I don't have a "GPA", it is my GPA's not directly comparable to most applicants'

Congrats! Why no GPA?

Nasche

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-Tar for ASWs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2445 on: March 12, 2007, 12:19:59 PM »
I want to post on this thread today.

Ok, I guess I just did. But I want to post on this thread again today.
Attending: UT.
Accepted: BC, BU ($$), Emory ($$$), Fordham ($), U. Iowa, Notre Dame ($$), USC ($$), UT, Tulane ($$$$)
Waitlisted: Columbia, Duke, Michigan, UCLA

tapper

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2446 on: March 12, 2007, 12:28:52 PM »
Also got the email from Dean Zearfoss this morning. (3.68 169)

Last Thursday I was in the dumps with nothing but deferrals (6 of them) and waitlists (2) since December...then I get a money offer from Duke, and an acceptance from Michigan.  I'm right back on top.  This is a DON'T LOSE HOPE message to those still waiting.

I'm just bummed that I can't make a UM ASW now.  I've missed the first and the second conflicts with G'Town and Duke, and I already have airline tickets and RSVPs in at both.  Well, I'm not that bummed. ;D

men215

• View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: March 12, 2007, 12:46:53 PM »
Hey Guys,
I read this board all the time, but never post, but I thought I would today, because it's good news!!  Accepted at NY Law School with a $30,000 scholarship.  Hope that gives everyone who hasn't heard yet some hope - I didn't put my apps in until Feb 15th!!  Good luck!

motorboatinsonofa

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's all deadly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: March 12, 2007, 01:17:02 PM »

Last Thursday I was in the dumps with nothing but deferrals (6 of them) and waitlists (2) since December...then I get a money offer from Duke, and an acceptance from Michigan.  I'm right back on top.  This is a DON'T LOSE HOPE message to those still waiting.

I'm just bummed that I can't make a UM ASW now.  I've missed the first and the second conflicts with G'Town and Duke, and I already have airline tickets and RSVPs in at both.  Well, I'm not that bummed. ;D

Congrats to you tapper and qqly as well! 

Tapper - is your status check at complete or decision?  I went to decision on Friday; the lack of an e-mail makes me think it's probably a ding...oh well, might as well get the bonfire ready for all my UMich stuff...:P
1L

tapper

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2449 on: March 12, 2007, 01:53:13 PM »

Congrats to you tapper and qqly as well! 

Tapper - is your status check at complete or decision?  I went to decision on Friday; the lack of an e-mail makes me think it's probably a ding...oh well, might as well get the bonfire ready for all my UMich stuff...:P

I went to decision last Tuesday.  I hope that helps.  I wouldn't start with the lighter fluid just yet...took about a week from decision -> email/package.