Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted TODAY !!  (Read 677299 times)

prelaw200

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #2370 on: March 08, 2007, 11:20:33 AM »
Silent,

You are about to be snowed under with acceptances. By my best guess, you've got 10-13 coming SOON. Be ready.

Hey everyone, meet my new best friend!   Lol. Thanks Root Hog :) I would squeal with joy even if you're only half right!

So, question.  I just got an email from BC about Financial Aid applications that is addressed to "ADMITTED AND PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS FOR FALL 2007"  Somebody please tell me what this means before I have a heart attack. K, thanks. Should I just call and see if a decision has been posted?

Think that went to everyone that hasn't been dinged yet, thus the "and Prospective" part.
Me Go Cornell

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: March 08, 2007, 11:22:26 AM »
Silent,

You are about to be snowed under with acceptances. By my best guess, you've got 10-13 coming SOON. Be ready.

Hey everyone, meet my new best friend!   Lol. Thanks Root Hog :) I would squeal with joy even if you're only half right!

So, question.  I just got an email from BC about Financial Aid applications that is addressed to "ADMITTED AND PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS FOR FALL 2007"  Somebody please tell me what this means before I have a heart attack. K, thanks. Should I just call and see if a decision has been posted?

Think that went to everyone that hasn't been dinged yet, thus the "and Prospective" part.

Yes, okay, and it was the "prospective" part that threw me off. I didn't know if it mean "All you people who are still hoping to be let in" or "all you people who have sent seat deposits and will be students in the fall."

Ah well.

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS Tutti! But ... how will you ever survive without Mail Check?!?

Commie Panda

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: March 08, 2007, 11:45:53 AM »
Silent,

That BC email made my heart jump...that was just wrong. I haven't heard from them since my app went complete and all of a sudden I get this email, thinking maybe they're e-mailing me an acceptance...but no, it's just fin aid info.  >:(

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ask+me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: March 08, 2007, 11:53:08 AM »
Silent,

That BC email made my heart jump...that was just wrong. I haven't heard from them since my app went complete and all of a sudden I get this email, thinking maybe they're e-mailing me an acceptance...but no, it's just fin aid info.  >:(

Same here.  My numbers make it such a longshot, but I thought perhaps somehow I got that miracle acceptance.

Oh well.  >:(
USD 2010

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• LSD Obsessed
  • 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
« Reply #2374 on: March 08, 2007, 01:31:00 PM »
Hastings!

Congrats, Little Buddy! And congrats to everyone else!!
I'll join the cool crowd: 3.23/173
Blinded by the light (Attending): UVA!!! Wahoo 2010!!!
Wrapped up like a feminine hygiene product (Accepted): UVA!! Fordham, Georgetown!!! NYU!!!!!!!!!
Another odor in the night (Rejected): Harvard
Let's go LSAT score! http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean

Jihad_Jesus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: March 08, 2007, 02:06:47 PM »
In at Iowa via e-mail. I'll hold my enthusiasm until I see some $$, but Iowa is well towards the top of my list due to the fact that I very much like the Kansas City area and Iowa places well there. Congrats to all others. Isn't this a blast?

Don't want to burst the bubble, but I talked to the admissions folks at Iowa and they are out of cash money. If you didn't get a $$$ offer with the letter, you aint gonna get one. They said some money might be available in early April, but chances are slim :(
"I would make it my business to be a third wheel."

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: March 08, 2007, 02:49:22 PM »
In at Iowa via e-mail. I'll hold my enthusiasm until I see some $$, but Iowa is well towards the top of my list due to the fact that I very much like the Kansas City area and Iowa places well there. Congrats to all others. Isn't this a blast?

Don't want to burst the bubble, but I talked to the admissions folks at Iowa and they are out of cash money. If you didn't get a $$$ offer with the letter, you aint gonna get one. They said some money might be available in early April, but chances are slim :(

Does this mean they're out of acceptance letters too???

Jihad_Jesus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: March 08, 2007, 04:51:04 PM »

Does this mean they're out of acceptance letters too???

I suppose they are still giving out acceptance letters (I got mine last week) just not no more money.
"I would make it my business to be a third wheel."

windycindy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Burn this!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: March 08, 2007, 05:19:54 PM »
Sorry to whine but I just wanted to get this out of my system and then never mention it again. I think I may have screwed myself. I didn't apply to a single top 25 program. Mostly just low T-1s and T-2s. I didn't realize how much soft factors mattered. So now I'm in at almost everwhere I applied and keep thinking I should have reached further. Lesson: if you've got strong soft factors and a compelling reason to apply to a program, no matter how highly ranked, do it.

In at Chicago-Kent today. But instead of joy, a sinking feeling.

Root Hog

• Sr. Citizen
  • The USA PATRIOT Act
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2379 on: March 08, 2007, 05:57:40 PM »

[/quote]

It looks like they did the same last year. They put a couple of people on a "scholarship waitlist" At least one app got $42k out of it in April. That does suck, though. Without $$, I can't really consider them.