Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted TODAY !!  (Read 678644 times)

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #2240 on: March 05, 2007, 02:06:09 PM »
So what's that website...  ???

Agreed, you have no exuse to hide anymore, so spill the beans dude.
VIP.

basal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: March 05, 2007, 02:11:35 PM »
Yes can we see the groceries?

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: March 05, 2007, 02:13:00 PM »
Nowhere near as exciting as Data's Yale admit (congrats again dude, that is absolutely incredible), but in at BU via phone call a few minutes ago

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: March 05, 2007, 02:14:05 PM »
Nowhere near as exciting as Data's Yale admit (congrats again dude, that is absolutely incredible), but in at BU via phone call a few minutes ago

Congrats!!!
UPenn '10

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: March 05, 2007, 02:16:32 PM »
anyone know anything about santa clara or cost of living in the area and debt for 3 yrs of law school?
i think they have a good ip program, but that's about all i know.

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: March 05, 2007, 02:16:54 PM »
data, can you give me a LOR for next cycle?
k thx

CougMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: March 05, 2007, 02:20:27 PM »
So what is the opinion, travelocity or orbitz for data?

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: March 05, 2007, 02:23:43 PM »
Ok guys, in at Yale.  And as I've stated earlier:  If a Yale acceptance were to come along, NOTHING else in my world would matter... I have thus withdrawn from absolutely everywhere but Yale.  It's been one amazing miracle after another.  First UMich and then Yale.  I'm ecstatic!!  Oh, and I haven't slept in going on 48 hours either.   ;D

Wow - congrats!  It's great to see that at least some schools are genuinely willing to look at the candidate as a whole...I think you're becoming the inspirational story of this forum. 

Wow we're all in trouble if that's the case!
Damn, incredible

Congrats Data!

Thanks Illini07, and Congrats yourself on Cornell!  A small part of me still wishes I were going.  Hell, a small part of me wishes Cornell would have accepted me by now.  Ah, such is life.  Sent your apps in a bit later eh?  Looks like you might have a bit of a wait? 

Wow, congrats, Data!!

At first, seeing your acceptance made me regret not applying to Yale. Then I remembered that, unlike me, you're interesting.

I feel better now.

Heh, c'mon now Georgetown and UVA are TOP options!!!  I'm partial to Koreans (especially to the women) So, you have that going for you which should be interest enough for the adcomms.  And if not screw 'em!   :D  Speaking of which, that is you in your "self 'tar" right?

Ok guys, in at Yale.  And as I've stated earlier:  If a Yale acceptance were to come along, NOTHING else in my world would matter... I have thus withdrawn from absolutely everywhere but Yale.  It's been one amazing miracle after another.  First UMich and then Yale.  I'm ecstatic!!  Oh, and I haven't slept in going on 48 hours either.   ;D

Congrats!  Enjoy it.

Thanks, Dude!

First time I've congratulated anyone (I'm a jerk), but you deserve it.  Completely awesome!  What website did you start?

Heh, thanks Seona!  Man, I wish I could say but I don't think that'd be too smart.  Don't want you jerks lookin' for handouts just kiddin'   :P 

OMG Congrats! You're the man!

kayak.com?

Uhhm, I'm gonna say its in that family.  Really, I didn't want to say that much, so you're lawyer bound for sure.   :)

congrats dataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that's amazingggggggggggggggg.  :D

now you'll be leaving us all in the dust  :'(

AHHH SugarJ, SugarJ.... what could have been in the hallowed halls of Cornell.  ;)

Ok guys, in at Yale.

WOW!!! Congratulations!!  It's an amazing success story, and I'm so happy to hear the news!

/and it appears your acceptance crashed the server.  thanks  ;D

Sladkaya... the exotically named LSD member who simultaneously makes me hungry and gives me an inferiority complex at the same time (with her Valedictorian status)- From the bottom of my heart, thank you.  Now that your cycle is through, have you decided where you'll go?

Ok, I expect to hear an explanation of what you think got you in there. Mich with your Grad GPA is somewhat understandable of a miracle... but f-ing Yale! Holy *&^%! Should I start holding my breath for Penn?

Hey dude, well I made some additions to my LSN so might tell you a little bit more about the soft factors and such.  You're surprised?  You and me both buddy... you and me both.  Oh and on Penn... Yes, you should.  Hold your breath that is.  They saw something they liked... that's for sure. 

First time I've congratulated anyone (I'm a jerk), but you deserve it.  Completely awesome!  What website did you start?

Wow that is amazing man! Huge congrats, what do you think made you stand out? If you don't mind me asking.
Heh, thanks Seona!  Man, I wish I could say but I don't think that'd be too smart.  Don't want you jerks lookin' for handouts just kiddin'   :P 
Wow, huge congrats. What do you think made you stand out? If you dont mind me asking

Cougman, Thanks man!  Check out my LSN- added a bit more. 

I've gotta add my congratulations, Data, even if you've got two pages worth already (!!) -- Congratulations!!! What a fantastic affirmation of self, it's like the biggest pat on the back ever. I think I would frame the letter lol. You can now have any job I want. lol.

;D WTG

Hi SilentSwirl, by far the sweetheart of the acceptances thread. I Thank you.  P.s. One step ahead of you on the framing- Already had it dipped in platinum and encrusted with diamonds.   ;D

Congrats Data.  However, I feel like the LSD community is entitled to hear some insight into how you managed this amazing feat.  Please tell us the story! I am secretly hoping that you are the android from Star Trek the next generation, named Data.  But since you are a droid, you wouldn't understand the humor in this secret hope of mine.

Thanks jalong..!  Hm, well, I really don't know to tell you the truth.  I'm not too too comfortable in publicly posting personal information, but I put the basics of what I think led to the acceptances on my LSN page.  Sorry to seem stand-offish.  I really don't mean to- but in this crazy world you never know who is reading what and who could use what against you (ok, just realized I sound completely paranoid and like I haven't stepped out of my house in 10 years). :D

Data, yours is the most incredible cycle I've ever heard of! CONGRATULATIONS!! Hard to believe that you were rejected from BC and UW, and then got into YALE! That's unbelievable!

Maybe you could PM me your personal statement, so I can finally see what a good one is supposed to look like...

In any case, congrats again! I'm sure you deserve it!

Heh no *&^%!  Even still when I hear Boston College it sends cold, heartless shivers down my spine.  Just kiddin' all you Boston Collegers!  sheesh.  And sorry but the personal statement thing just says waaay too much about well, me personally.  Can't afford to have it misused or landing in the wrong hands.  For the same reason I cannot divulge where I work.  Sorry all. 

ACK!  ENOUGH ABOUT ME.  CONGRATS JER AND Illini07 on the Emory scholarship (I'm convinced they really didn't want to admit me but did anyway at the last second because they ran out of reasons NOT to) and Boston University!  MUCH better than BC in my opinion.  But then again I'm biased.  Well, yeah ok, more like hurt with undeniable feelings of inadequacy.     :P

Yale 2010

basal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: March 05, 2007, 02:29:48 PM »
Data, you will be forever remembered as a legend on LSD. BigTex, RuskieGirl... now Data. Congrats.

What's the website that you created anyway?

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: March 05, 2007, 02:34:08 PM »
Data, you will be forever remembered as a legend on LSD. BigTex, RuskieGirl... now Data. Congrats.

What's the website that you created anyway?

Speaking of the bolded, I'm wondering how long its gonna take for an XOer to find out about our dear Data  :D :D
Columbia 3L