Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted TODAY !!  (Read 677241 times)

Boss

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #2190 on: March 04, 2007, 04:51:21 PM »
Boss!! What an amazing offer! I've gotta say that no student loans = opportunity to work wherever you want upon graduation. I know it'll be a hard decision, but I would LOVE to be close to my family during school! It would be such a stress reliever.

You are such a sweetie, mothering on this board!  I <3 you!  Maybe we'll both luck out and get to hang out at UT next year!

I guess I should have prefaced the family comment that it's also the crazy wing of my family -- like totally psycho.  But at least it will be nice to be able to drive 2 hours and have some family even if it's the crazy ones.  :P

What's really attractive about UA is that you can get in-state tuition relatively easily, so if I don't maintain the scholarship, it's still awfully cheap.  And being frugal is what turns me on!
It's been brought to my attention that boss is my favorite poster  :-*

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: March 04, 2007, 08:14:09 PM »
Boss!! What an amazing offer! I've gotta say that no student loans = opportunity to work wherever you want upon graduation. I know it'll be a hard decision, but I would LOVE to be close to my family during school! It would be such a stress reliever.

You are such a sweetie, mothering on this board!  I <3 you!  Maybe we'll both luck out and get to hang out at UT next year!

I guess I should have prefaced the family comment that it's also the crazy wing of my family -- like totally psycho.  But at least it will be nice to be able to drive 2 hours and have some family even if it's the crazy ones.  :P

What's really attractive about UA is that you can get in-state tuition relatively easily, so if I don't maintain the scholarship, it's still awfully cheap.  And being frugal is what turns me on!

1. Yes! And for me, it would be the equivalent of taking out a loan on the all of the luck I was supposed to have for the rest of my life! Haha... at least until the ding comes I can keep my [literal] dream alive. :)

2. Hahahahahahaha.... yes, you should have mentioned that. At least they will be good for entertainment value and future story telling. :)

honna

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: March 04, 2007, 09:29:49 PM »

1. Yes! And for me, it would be the equivalent of taking out a loan on the all of the luck I was supposed to have for the rest of my life! Haha... at least until the ding comes I can keep my [literal] dream alive. :)

2. Hahahahahahaha.... yes, you should have mentioned that. At least they will be good for entertainment value and future story telling. :)
You are so nice.

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: March 04, 2007, 11:45:20 PM »
Thanks y'all. But really, let's nix the "you're nice" comments -- it makes me look like I'm fishing for compliments, when really I'm just trying to give some out! This thread is supposed to celebrate people's acceptances, and I've always been a sucker for celebrating!

Soft Factors

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: March 05, 2007, 08:14:34 AM »
I am going to add wait lists because I feel it has come to that.
Hofstra '10

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: March 05, 2007, 08:40:55 AM »
Holy Schnikeys....

Just got a phone call from the Dean of Alabama.  I'm accepted and with a full tuition scholarship!! 

Then I mentioned that my relatives in Alabama would definitely be supportive of me attending, he offered "well we'd love to have to visit and we'll pick up the tab for your travel expenses.  I'll make a note on your file here."

Oh my goodness!!  I'm completely floored.  I applied there on a whim thinking I won't go at all, but full tuition sweetens the deal...

congrats!!
can i have your spot in line at ut?

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: March 05, 2007, 08:43:37 AM »
Thanks y'all. But really, let's nix the "you're nice" comments -- it makes me look like I'm fishing for compliments, when really I'm just trying to give some out! This thread is supposed to celebrate people's acceptances, and I've always been a sucker for celebrating!

we need a thread to celebrate SilentSwirl's niceness

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: March 05, 2007, 10:12:40 AM »
Ok guys, in at Yale.  And as I've stated earlier:  If a Yale acceptance were to come along, NOTHING else in my world would matter... I have thus withdrawn from absolutely everywhere but Yale.  It's been one amazing miracle after another.  First UMich and then Yale.  I'm ecstatic!!  Oh, and I haven't slept in going on 48 hours either.   ;D
Yale 2010

Boss

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: March 05, 2007, 10:15:44 AM »
Congrats Data!
It's been brought to my attention that boss is my favorite poster  :-*

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: March 05, 2007, 10:16:16 AM »
Ok guys, in at Yale.  And as I've stated earlier:  If a Yale acceptance were to come along, NOTHING else in my world would matter... I have thus withdrawn from absolutely everywhere but Yale.  It's been one amazing miracle after another.  First UMich and then Yale.  I'm ecstatic!!  Oh, and I haven't slept in going on 48 hours either.   ;D

Holy crap, that's AWESOME!  Congrats, Data!!!!
UPenn '10