Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted TODAY !!  (Read 678409 times)

mL4300ic

Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2007, 10:20:51 PM »
Finally...

NYU!!!

Hooray!

reticent

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2007, 11:23:00 PM »
In yesterday (1/10/07) at WUStL (by email).
In today (1/11/07) at Vanderbilt (small envelope).

Whoa whoa whoa whoa ... WUSL did something besides send jumk mail???
Numbers?  Were you EA?

No, RD.  I went complete in late November.  3.89/167.
3.89/167

reticent

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2007, 11:23:42 PM »
Finally...

NYU!!!

Hooray!

Awesome, congratulations!
3.89/167

Diecisiete

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2007, 03:38:42 AM »
UT in a small envelope. It really faked me out.  :)
CLS 2L

Jihad_Jesus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2007, 11:21:17 AM »

Numbers?  Were you EA?

My application went complete at WUSL the first week of December and was given a fee-waiver. Since that time I have received four emails inviting me to apply to the program and offering me a fee-waiver. I have also received two invitations to apply in the mail and numerous other little cards that I just throw away. I finally emailed the admissions office yesterday and asked them to stop sending this stuff. They were very apologetic and weren’t quite sure why I was getting all the crap and asked me to send it back to them so they could determine why I was getting it???? I assume they want it back so they can send it off to someone else.
"I would make it my business to be a third wheel."

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2007, 11:28:26 AM »

Numbers?  Were you EA?

My application went complete at WUSL the first week of December and was given a fee-waiver. Since that time I have received four emails inviting me to apply to the program and offering me a fee-waiver. I have also received two invitations to apply in the mail and numerous other little cards that I just throw away. I finally emailed the admissions office yesterday and asked them to stop sending this stuff. They were very apologetic and weren’t quite sure why I was getting all the crap and asked me to send it back to them so they could determine why I was getting it???? I assume they want it back so they can send it off to someone else.

They asked you to send it back?  Sometimes that school is so odd...
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

ptown

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2007, 11:34:47 AM »
they asked you to send the email back?  I am sure that is just so they can try to determine how, when, and from where it was sent so they can figure out their technical problem.

I dont see how they could have you send an email back so they can send it to someone else  ::)
Missouri 1L

"I was discriminated against during the college-testing process because I come from a culture that is opposed to filling in circles completely and with firm pressure."

Jihad_Jesus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2007, 11:36:26 AM »

Numbers?  Were you EA?

Their words exactly: "We will look in to why you are still receiving application mailings from us and try to correct it as soon as possible. We are concerned why you are receiving this mail from us, so if you could please forward them back to us it will help us correct the problem. Once again, we are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Not only am I not sending that crap back, but I'm going to send them another email requesting that someone edit the messges sent out by the Admissions Dept.  

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
  • At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2007, 11:39:20 AM »

Numbers?  Were you EA?

Their words exactly: "We will look in to why you are still receiving application mailings from us and try to correct it as soon as possible. We are concerned why you are receiving this mail from us, so if you could please forward them back to us it will help us correct the problem. Once again, we are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Not only am I not sending that crap back, but I'm going to send them another email requesting that someone edit the messges sent out by the Admissions Dept.  

I guess you don't plan on getting admitted/attending?

Jihad_Jesus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 12, 2007, 11:43:20 AM »

Numbers?  Were you EA?

I guess you don't plan on getting admitted/attending?

I would consider attending, but I don't deal with incompetence well.