Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #5970 on: February 28, 2008, 08:07:00 PM »
OMG! UPENN!!!! ;D

still in disbelief!

Wow, congrats!
OMG! UPENN!!!! ;D

still in disbelief!

Congrats!!! Top choice?

I EDed... then got deferred... then lost all hope to the point where I stopped checking my mail box imediately...
NUMBER ONE CHOICE!

Will probably withdraw in a few days from the ones I've gotten into already to free up $$

Ding me I dare ya!

• Yatta!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: February 28, 2008, 08:08:26 PM »
OMG! UPENN!!!! ;D

still in disbelief!

Wow, congrats!

OMG! UPENN!!!! ;D

still in disbelief!

Congrats!!! Top choice?

I EDed... then got deferred... then lost all hope to the point where I stopped checking my mail box imediately...
NUMBER ONE CHOICE!

Will probably withdraw in a few days from the ones I've gotten into already to free up $$

oh and i didn't quote just for the hell of it... i meant to thank you.

Thank you.

« Reply #5972 on: February 28, 2008, 08:59:58 PM »
Accepted - Touro. Yippie, going to law school.

zardoz

• View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: February 28, 2008, 09:12:03 PM »
Congrats on your first acceptance!

« Reply #5974 on: February 28, 2008, 10:14:52 PM »
Sure, it feels could to be accepted somewhere. I am still waiting on 8 schools.

« Reply #5975 on: February 29, 2008, 06:37:45 AM »
OMG! UPENN!!!! ;D

still in disbelief!

Wow, congrats!
OMG! UPENN!!!! ;D

still in disbelief!

Congrats!!! Top choice?

NUMBER ONE CHOICE!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  That is so heart-warming.

princetonug

• princetonug on xoxo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: February 29, 2008, 08:08:41 AM »
Hold on...I would seriously reconsider going to Touro if I were you, especially in this economy. I think it would definitely be worth it to retake the LSAT and apply again, or if that is not feasible, seriously rethink law as a career. Be realistic about job prospects, for your own good.

Sorry, didn't want to be a downer, and it's good that you heard back. :) But don't feel you have to go to Touro just so you can "go to law school".

Maddie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5977 on: February 29, 2008, 08:18:51 AM »
Hold on...I would seriously reconsider going to Touro if I were you, especially in this economy. I think it would definitely be worth it to retake the LSAT and apply again, or if that is not feasible, seriously rethink law as a career. Be realistic about job prospects, for your own good.

Sorry, didn't want to be a downer, and it's good that you heard back. :) But don't feel you have to go to Touro just so you can "go to law school".

I heard something about SUNY Stony Brook potentially acquiring Touro.  Is there any truth to this?

« Reply #5978 on: February 29, 2008, 08:25:16 AM »
Michigan State, I think, through an odd email.

Congrats to all

« Reply #5979 on: February 29, 2008, 08:56:55 AM »
Really, though. "You got in where? Oh, well I guess that's good.. personally I'd rather killself but I'm sure it'll be at least 5 years before you seriously regret it." Ouch.

Nice is the last thing you should be to someone when they're about to drop 200k on a school with few employment prospects.  That's borderline neglect, IMO, like telling your friend who's about to go to Antartica that they know someone who's happy with his decision.

i don't know that a random poster on an internet message board is going to convince a stranger not to go to a particular school.  not everybody is as impressionable as you, walls ;)

if the poster ASKED for advice on where s/he should go, then that's a different story.  but to offer or support that opinion when it is unsolicited, immediately after a person posts about being excited for his/her first law school acceptance?  poor taste.