Law School Discussion

Accepted TODAY !!

gowi

• Emory '11
    • View Profile
Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #5400 on: February 01, 2008, 07:20:23 AM »
This thread has become utterly useless. Do mods ever step in here when discussion gets this far off topic?!?

tkm.

• View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: February 01, 2008, 07:22:14 AM »
Yes, please

« Reply #5402 on: February 01, 2008, 07:23:45 AM »
why should I tell you?

Truth, I think at the end of the cycle you should post a thread about your soft factors.  Seriously -- just settle this once and for all.

I don't care what his soft factors are. The situation is that Truth got the admit, Krusty got the hold. And even if Krusty thinks, "NW better have a friggin good explanation" he's not going to get one. Only the NW adcoms know why they made the decisions they did, they aren't going to discuss them with anyone else, and anything discussed here can only be speculation. So please, can we go back to our regularly-scheduled-congratulatory-happy-fun-time?

You're assuming that nobody has more information on Truth that could shed light on the situation.

But as Gowi said, this is irrelevant in this thread.  So I'm not posting any more irrelevant posts in this specific thread.  My apologies.

« Reply #5403 on: February 01, 2008, 07:30:14 AM »
Accepted today at..........

« Reply #5404 on: February 01, 2008, 07:32:29 AM »
Northwestern with a 157? Are you serious? Life is not fair. 10 points higher on the LSAT and a higher GPA and I get held. That's bogus.

::)

fukk outta here. 

Truth and Matthew, sorry, I'm super paranoid.  I'll just say that Truth you applied to the school, and Matthew you didn't.

I don't understand that.

Also, what are the soft factors? Did he convince Cher to stop her farewell tour or something?

:D

tkm.

• View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: February 01, 2008, 07:41:26 AM »
no need to be dramatic...just ignore them

« Reply #5406 on: February 01, 2008, 07:42:10 AM »
don't worry people, I will keep acceptances to myself from now on.

For what reason?  Don't get all crybaby on us because people threw the extremely overused AA argument at you.  You have a right to be excited about where you were accepted, and there are people here that are excited for you and find the information here useful.

« Reply #5407 on: February 01, 2008, 07:48:01 AM »

For what reason?  Don't get all crybaby on us because people threw the extremely overused AA argument at you.  You have a right to be excited about where you were accepted, and there are people here that are excited for you and find the information here useful.

Yes, Truth, you're a good guy.  Don't leave us!  :'(

OlderandWiser

• It's not creepy, it's kittens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: February 01, 2008, 07:49:54 AM »

Well that would just be a shame.  I really like hearing everyone's acceptances.  But i especially enjoy hearing from people who have "beat the odds" and been admitted places most people say they shouldn't have been.  The excitement is palpable, even on the internet.  It just proves that adcomms do, on occassion, look past numbers to admit extraordinary people that have other qualifications. Don't give in to the hate, Truth!   ;)

Back to the issue at hand.  any acceptances today?  is it just me or did yesterday seem relatively quiet (no offense to those accepted yesterday)? 

gowi

• Emory '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: February 01, 2008, 08:02:22 AM »

The last billion pages have been not been you posting a new acceptance, it's been trivial arguments and ridiculous pictures.