Law School Discussion

Accepted TODAY !!

Matthew

• Formerly known as /\_-=-M-=-_/\
    • View Profile
Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #3970 on: December 19, 2007, 04:58:47 PM »
I went complete at Vanderbilt on 11/29 and haven't gone decision yet. How worried should I be? Some others on this board who went complete just a couple of days before me have already received mail and went decision a week ago...

I went complete at Vanderbilt on Dec. 13th and it says they sent my decision on the 17th, though I have not received it yet.

Seriously?  4 days?  WTF is wrong with my app?

Do you have a 5.0 or something?

I have no idea how the admissions process works, but maybe different people are in charge of different groups of applications and they get sent out at different rate?  I am confused about it, too.  The two schools that I applied to earliest haven't given me a decision, and I've been complete for over a month at those places.  Maybe I'm about to get  a kind rejection just in time for Christmas.

You disgust me. Are you URM? Do you have "connections" at Vanderbilt? Do you have a 5.0 GPA??? Seriously. I hate you.

That's kind of harsh.  Having an application decided quickly isn't always a good thing,and even then, it's no reason to be mean.

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: December 19, 2007, 05:01:09 PM »
I went complete at Vanderbilt on 11/29 and haven't gone decision yet. How worried should I be? Some others on this board who went complete just a couple of days before me have already received mail and went decision a week ago...

I went complete at Vanderbilt on Dec. 13th and it says they sent my decision on the 17th, though I have not received it yet.

I have no idea how the admissions process works, but maybe different people are in charge of different groups of applications and they get sent out at different rate?  I am confused about it, too.  The two schools that I applied to earliest haven't given me a decision, and I've been complete for over a month at those places.  Maybe I'm about to get  a kind rejection just in time for Christmas.

You disgust me. Are you URM? Do you have "connections" at Vanderbilt? Do you have a 5.0 GPA??? Seriously. I hate you.

That's kind of harsh.  Having an application decided quickly isn't always a good thing,and even then, it's no reason to be mean.

You're right. Sorry Tesoro. Application nerves. I've been refreshing my Virtual VULS for 3 days now and nothin'. I can't believe you went decision in 4 days.

« Reply #3972 on: December 19, 2007, 05:05:41 PM »
Yeah, I think it all comes down to the randomness of the process.  We'd like to think we know what's going on in the committee but there are always some completely odd decisions.  Tesoro probably just has whatever it is Vandy wants this cycle.  Anyway, Tetris, splitters like us seem to take more time to consider than your average applicant.

« Reply #3973 on: December 19, 2007, 05:07:10 PM »

You're right. Sorry Tesoro. Application nerves. I've been refreshing my Virtual VULS for 3 days now and nothin'. I can't believe you went decision in 4 days.

I do have a high g.p.a., but I agree that quick decisions don't always equal good decisions.  And I understand 100% about application nerves.  I silently (or not so silently) curse the computer screen at work when I look on this post, too. 

« Reply #3974 on: December 19, 2007, 05:07:28 PM »
I just got into William and Mary!  No talk of scholarship, but I'm happy nonetheless!

Congrats! I've been lookin ginto W&M quite a bit recently and it looks like an AWESOME school. The email doesn't talk about scholarship but the snail mail package does. Did you get the snail mail for W&M yet? At any rate, the tuition is pretty good (less than $30k a year) anyway.

No, I haven't gotten the snail mail letter yet, that's good news that I'm not necessarily not getting a scholarship!  It is on the cheaper side for law schools, which is one of the things that attracted me to it to begin with.  I'm just so excited!

t L

• View Profile
« Reply #3975 on: December 19, 2007, 05:25:49 PM »
wow!!! emory!! sounded like a total buffoon!!! :D

Congrats!  On a roll, aren't we?

UFBoldAsLove

• Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: December 19, 2007, 05:29:25 PM »
YAY for Paper!

Matthew

• Formerly known as /\_-=-M-=-_/\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: December 19, 2007, 05:31:02 PM »
wow!!! emory!! sounded like a total buffoon!!! :D

Congrats!  On a roll, aren't we?
good god how do people handle the phone calls? I nearly had a heart attack. just said "thank you" and laughed a bit. said I was very suprised and thank you again.

I really want to get a phone call, to see what it's like.  All my acceptances so far have been by snail mail or email.

« Reply #3978 on: December 19, 2007, 05:31:38 PM »
Congrats PC!  Emory is a great school and Atlanta is a lot of fun.

Melvin, you need to change your avatar back.  I've gotten used to staring at your horrifying visage everyday.

t L

• View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: December 19, 2007, 05:31:58 PM »
good god how do people handle the phone calls? I nearly had a heart attack. just said "thank you" and laughed a bit. said I was very suprised and thank you again.

I hope I get an acceptance call from somebody this cycle.  Seems like a cool way to find out.