Law School Discussion

Accepted TODAY !!

Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #2930 on: May 07, 2007, 04:40:53 PM »
Hey Soft Factors that might be a positive sign that they said to check your email history.  I remember when i called a couple of months ago they said they send all waitlist and rejections by normal mail and all acceptances by email first so maybe you're in.

darlinalexi

• Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: May 07, 2007, 07:51:06 PM »
Hey guys,
I've been without a computer (it died a painful death), but thanks for the  congrats.  I got my packet from Pace today, and it is shiny and exciting.

I think I got into CUNY today too, but there was a mail debacle (too worn down to get into it)...So we'll see...

What are people's opinions on CUNY v. Pace?  I know CUNY is less prestigious, but I think it might be better for what I want to do (pi). 

But for now, I wait... I just hope I hear back from FSU and Kent and Southwestern soon...

Captain

• View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #2932 on: May 07, 2007, 09:33:02 PM »
Hey guys,
I've been without a computer (it died a painful death), but thanks for the  congrats.  I got my packet from Pace today, and it is shiny and exciting.

I think I got into CUNY today too, but there was a mail debacle (too worn down to get into it)...So we'll see...

What are people's opinions on CUNY v. Pace?  I know CUNY is less prestigious, but I think it might be better for what I want to do (pi). 

But for now, I wait... I just hope I hear back from FSU and Kent and Southwestern soon...

What type of PI are you interested in? Is it possible to contact someone in that field? That would be MUCH more useful than any answer we can give you.  Failing that, start calling career services.

Looks like you're getting some choices now. Weren't you pulling your hair out about a week ago?

« Reply #2933 on: May 07, 2007, 11:59:08 PM »
In @ NCCU, leaving Case as the only hold out this cycle.

I love the triangle but I have to finish my comparative analysis and get the financial aid award before I change my mind yet again :P

darlinalexi

• View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: May 08, 2007, 06:17:20 AM »
Yes, yes I was pulling my hair out.  I'm not entirely sure that it's much different now.  My first deposit is due May 25th, but I am still waiting on a few schools (Southwestern, FSU, Kent).  I am just worried that I won't hear from a school before I need to start making deposits.  But I'm not complaining. It's great to know that I'm going somewhere and that I have options.

I'd like to go into LGBT advocacy and non-profit groups.  I could see working with women's groups or the ACLU eventually too. Maybe work on campaigns or do some government work for awhile.  LGBT is my passion, though. I'd be happy working in DC, Boston, NYC, Chicago, L.A., or San Fransisco.  (Though I'm leaning more towards the northern schools because I could use a weather change.) 

« Reply #2935 on: May 08, 2007, 01:42:49 PM »
Hey Soft Factors that might be a positive sign that they said to check your email history.  I remember when i called a couple of months ago they said they send all waitlist and rejections by normal mail and all acceptances by email first so maybe you're in.

Turns out Case won't let me study there.  C'est La Vie.  :)   

« Reply #2936 on: May 08, 2007, 03:21:28 PM »

Sorry to hear that. Must mean my last letter of the cycle's is going to end on a low note too :-[

« Reply #2937 on: May 08, 2007, 03:37:08 PM »

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that.  Hofstra will be a good place to study law though. Good luck up there.

darlinalexi

• View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: May 09, 2007, 07:56:13 AM »
Accepted to CUNY... yay

« Reply #2939 on: May 09, 2007, 10:44:26 AM »

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that.  Hofstra will be a good place to study law though. Good luck up there.

Thanks a lot.  I'll make the best of it.  And P.U.S.H., I hope you're wrong. ;)