Law School Discussion

Accepted TODAY !!

smile

• 168/3.5
    • View Profile
    • For the love of God, someone accept me!
Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #2180 on: March 03, 2007, 06:05:59 PM »
In at UTexas via snail mail!  I'm out of state and totally surprised.

« Reply #2181 on: March 03, 2007, 06:08:07 PM »
Holy Schnikeys....

Just got a phone call from the Dean of Alabama.  I'm accepted and with a full tuition scholarship!! 

Then I mentioned that my relatives in Alabama would definitely be supportive of me attending, he offered "well we'd love to have to visit and we'll pick up the tab for your travel expenses.  I'll make a note on your file here."

Oh my goodness!!  I'm completely floored.  I applied there on a whim thinking I won't go at all, but full tuition sweetens the deal...

Congrats! I've been watching your cycle and am really happy that you're FINALLY getting those well-deserved acceptances and scholarships  :)

« Reply #2182 on: March 03, 2007, 06:10:53 PM »
Holy Schnikeys....

Just got a phone call from the Dean of Alabama.  I'm accepted and with a full tuition scholarship!! 

Then I mentioned that my relatives in Alabama would definitely be supportive of me attending, he offered "well we'd love to have to visit and we'll pick up the tab for your travel expenses.  I'll make a note on your file here."

Oh my goodness!!  I'm completely floored.  I applied there on a whim thinking I won't go at all, but full tuition sweetens the deal...

WHOA!

CONGRATS!

You will have some tough choices to make!

« Reply #2183 on: March 03, 2007, 06:56:34 PM »
Loyola LA snail mail

Boss

• You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: March 03, 2007, 06:57:37 PM »
I called home to the Hubby, who never told me about the Bama package because he thought it was too big to be an acceptance and was just another viewbook.  Grrr!    :P 

Talked it over with him and my mom, and it's definitely looking like a good deal, not to mention a great bargaining tool for Baylor.  I'm definitely taking them up on the offer to visit and sneak in a few extra vacation days to visit relatives in Florence.  While one side of my family are die-hard Penn Staters, there's a growing contingent of Bama alums.  Maybe I'll be next...unless of course I'm destined to be a Longhorn.  :P 

Speaking of which...

Congrats!!

The Pookie

• the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
    • For Inquiring Minds - LSN
« Reply #2185 on: March 03, 2007, 06:57:50 PM »
Holy Schnikeys....

nice hook boss! best of luck in making your decisions....i'm sure even more good news is coming!!

this makes up for the long wait eh?>

« Reply #2186 on: March 03, 2007, 07:04:18 PM »

Oh wow! Way to go!

smile

• 168/3.5
    • View Profile
    • For the love of God, someone accept me!
« Reply #2187 on: March 03, 2007, 09:37:00 PM »
Thanks Boss and Drpep! I'm so glad to finally have some good news for this thread.

canticleoftheplains

• I'm here to learn, not to make out with you.
    • View Profile
    • lsn
« Reply #2188 on: March 04, 2007, 11:07:13 AM »
Congrats, boss and everyone else

SilentSwirl

• Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: March 04, 2007, 12:29:33 PM »
Holy moly I don't keep up for a couple of days and the whole of LSD gets accepted! Congratulations everyone, one more in the sack and that much closer to being finished with this whole application mess forever!

Big congrats to the Chicago kids, Vandy07, Chandler, Ladydevil, Osna - that's gotta be a piece of supremely fantastic news!! 
I'm most jealous of you UT kids -- big congratulations PreLaw and Smile, Austin is simple wonderful and you're gonna love UT!

Boss!! What an amazing offer! I've gotta say that no student loans = opportunity to work wherever you want upon graduation. I know it'll be a hard decision, but I would LOVE to be close to my family during school! It would be such a stress reliever.

Illini07, congratulations hon you are totally on a roll with your 5/5!! Yaaaay!

Hannibal, a WL sucks, but at least you still have a shot! :) I'm rootin for ya.

(I'm sorry, I'm almost done, I promise!)

Latenite AND Tutti! Yay for St. John's!!  Fantastic news. And Tutti, congrats on Kent as well!

I know I missed people, but congratulations to everyone! Good job on USC evilwonderbra. Time for the next round of these tomorrow!