Law School Discussion

Fee Waivers Roll in...

maybe2007

• Doesn't get any better than early 90s tv
    • View Profile
Fee Waivers Roll in...
« on: January 03, 2007, 10:14:03 AM »
Should I send in more apps?  I have already sent out a bunch of apps, but due to the Dec LSAT I guess some schools are somewhat interested.  So should I send out more apps to the T1 schools I'm getting waivers from?

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
Re: Fee Waivers Roll in...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 10:19:44 AM »
You mean you haven't applied to every school already?  You seem to have quite a few...

don't apply to a school you wouldn't go to.  But I guess if you have the 12 bucks and you like the school go for it.

maybe2007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 11:09:06 AM »
I received one via email and one by snail mail.  The snail mail came to my permanent address, I haven't been able to check my school mailbox, since I'm at home.  So I have no idea if I have gotten any from other schools. 

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 11:09:59 AM »
I got my first one today, by email, from Temple.

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 11:10:29 AM »
Do you guys know if you can get a refund if you get a waiver from a school you already applied to?

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 11:12:04 AM »
Do you guys know if you can get a refund if you get a waiver from a school you already applied to?

sounds like extortion

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 11:15:46 AM »

sounds like extortion

Applied retroactively.

maybe2007

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 11:18:29 AM »
Here is a link with some info: http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,69209.0.html

I think it just depends on the school.  Some say explicitly on their sites that they won't refund the fee if they later send you a waiver, while others might just cut you a check after they send the waiver. 

Vick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 11:21:53 AM »
Here is a link with some info: http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,69209.0.html

I think it just depends on the school.  Some say explicitly on their sites that they won't refund the fee if they later send you a waiver, while others might just cut you a check after they send the waiver. 

Yes.  Contact the school.  I got a fee waiver from Oregon after I applied.  I called em up and they said they'd send a check (which I have yet to see, btw, Oregon!).

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 11:32:26 AM »

Nice, thanks. Guess I should have searched myself. :)