Law School Discussion

the best calculator

lexylit

the best calculator
« on: September 05, 2004, 03:26:24 PM »
has anyone used the chart on deloggio's site where you calculate your gpa/lsat ratio for each school (like an index) and check it against the 25, 75, and presumptive admit/deny?

omg, it's awesome. ignore the ones with a 10.3 GLR but all the other ones are really telling. i'd link you directly but the site doesn't work that way as far as i can tell. but this is by far the best chances calculator that i've seen!

lookwhois

• 3.63 / 168
    • View Profile
Re: the best calculator
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 03:48:59 PM »
please stop posting! Everytime I try to read posts and I see your pic, I can't help but stare at your avatar! Hence, no reading of informative posts....

*LOL*

Thanks for the info Lexy, your posts are truly appreciated
Hugs

absy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 03:52:01 PM »
I would be careful with that particular chart.  The stuff is dated from 1998.

The LSAC site has the data for last year's quartiles and the formulas (which have changed for some schools).  That would give you a lot better impression.

lexylit

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 04:01:31 PM »
hmm... thanks to both of you, but for different reasons  :D

absy, the lsac site has GLRs? i'll have to check it out-- no wonder i was so excited, i would have done great a few years ago  :-[

absy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 04:06:41 PM »
LSAC doesn't have GLRs, but if you look on your MyDocs > Transcripts > Academic Index, it gives the official formula used to calculate your academic index.  It's a little more math (LSAT * A + GPA * B + C = index), but you'll get an exact number.  Plug in your stats and every combination of quartiles to figure out where you stand.

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004, 04:11:44 PM »
Yeah, but it doesn't have index scores for schools that don't publish them... most of which are in the top 14!

EDIT:

Just checked out the deloggio site and see what you mean.  It's basically the same chart, but with older info.  Wish some of the schools I'm interested still published their scores!

lookwhois

• 3.63 / 168
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2004, 04:40:37 PM »
Lex,

your pic reminds me of the girl (I am not able to recall her name) from the Bachelor show series. The model that slept with over 30 guys etc etc (anyone remember her name???)

M2

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2004, 04:55:40 PM »
The model that slept with over 30 guys etc etc (anyone remember her name???)

LOL thats the fastest turnaround from compliment to insult I have ever seen

lookwhois

• 3.63 / 168
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2004, 05:19:26 PM »
The model that slept with over 30 guys etc etc (anyone remember her name???)

LOL thats the fastest turnaround from compliment to insult I have ever seen

I'm not trying to insult Lexy in any shape or form. I am trying to describe/point out the character on the show that her picture resembles...

:)

lol

If I recall correctly, her name was Trish????