Julie Fern

• great grandpa mccain = warmonger
    • View Profile
Re: silly question
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 08:05:46 PM »
putz.

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 09:27:57 PM »
cal gave advice. you just whined, irrelevantly.

good work!

ummm.. hello???? i'm not the OP. you know, reading well is going to help you greatly in law school. you should practice some before you start going there.

by the way, i've seen your little julie fern gimmick over the past few months and just so you know, YES, IT IS ANNOYING AND UNFUNNY. MAKE UP SOMETHING ORIGINAL.

you one with reading problem, forrest.  however, julie sure you can make career with wal-mart.

?????

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 12:18:53 PM »

good work!

ummm.. hello???? i'm not the OP. you know, reading well is going to help you greatly in law school. you should practice some before you start going there.

by the way, i've seen your little julie fern gimmick over the past few months and just so you know, YES, IT IS ANNOYING AND UNFUNNY. MAKE UP SOMETHING ORIGINAL.

you one with reading problem, forrest. however, julie sure you can make career with wal-mart.

?????

well, forrest, at least you seem concede that you not understand.  it big name like wal-mart?  if so, here go:  that where you work.

something else you not understand?  if so, julie going take some pity and do your oh-so-difficult research for you:

follow directions.

hth.

i see you're still a douc hebag, cal. at least youre consistent.

you make me ashamed to be a cal alum. i'm glad the cool people at bk far outnumberered the number of pri cks like you

see, forrest?  no advice to op, just bitching about something irrelevant.

got it yet?

you welcome.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 12:20:01 PM »
follow directions.

hth.

i see you're still a douc hebag, cal. at least youre consistent.

you make me ashamed to be a cal alum. i'm glad the cool people at bk far outnumberered the number of pri cks like you

good work!

I wish I was as cool as prodigy. :'(

not difficult, not difficult at all.

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 12:21:49 PM »
follow directions.

hth.

No Cal, that didn't help. Thanks for trying.

I just called the relevant LS's admissions office, and they offered to take a 2 page paper.

For those of you reading this, there is AT LEAST one law school that will take a 2 pager, even if their directions say 3-5 pages.

HTH.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 12:30:08 PM »
you just got new directions, sug.

and now you down on their can't-even-write-third-page-list.

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 12:48:10 PM »
I used the same 2 page PS for every school.  Some said "3-5 pages max" but I didn't think that meant "no less than 3."  I think you are fine.  If it is short and wel written that is all the better.

Vox_populi_vox_cani

• homo sum--humani nil alienum a me puto
    • AOL Instant Messenger - blcenturion
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 01:24:27 PM »
I would actually advise--seeing as I'm just a random online persona who's not even thinking of starting law school before 08--for the OP to write the 3-5 page essay for the school, if he/she/ze/it truly wants to attend.  If the school is just a wag, sure, use the standard personal statement.  But, agreeing with Julie, if you send a short obviously generic statement (and I'll bet you won't be the only one sending in a std 2 page report to the school despite the 3-5 page request.  I'm also sure that they will consider the 2 page statement to be generic PS, and nothing that shows real desire or effort to get into their school) then all you are doing is highlighting yourself as someone not really interested in the school.

If it's famously numbers only based school, and you clear the requirements, sure, you're saving some time.  However, if the school is a a) reach school were PS will make/break you b) known for denying applications of students whom the school thinks will go elsewhere c) a "whole person" school where it's your PS that really matters d) a school that has one person review applications who doesn't like the thought of some student just trying to get by and meet the requirements and willing to trash an application out of spite then I wouldn't skimp on the statement.

Especially since (admitting I have no idea about the OP's time constraints other than that the OP has time to call an admissions office and post on an internet bulletin board) if you're a full time student, you're very likely to be on winter break, and if you're working ~40 hours a week, you should still have time to write at most a new 3-5 page PS.  Unless the school knows you are a) a single parent b) working 60+ hours a week to survive c) engaged in a singularly challenging long term project that demands your full intellect or d) hampered by greivous disability from typing, then the attempt to skip the essay will just look lazy.

And therefore harm your chances of acceptance.