Law School Discussion

For those who score below 140

For those who score below 140
« on: January 02, 2007, 01:38:18 PM »

I received my LSAT for Dec 06 and scored a 135. I was so upset and felt like giving up. Until my husband and my family members told me to retake the test in Feb 07. My parents said with the stress of finishing up 161 page thesis for my graduate degree that had a lot to do with me not performing as well on the LSAT. I said if I am not ready by Feb I will take the test in June07. So my question is what are people doing? Are they going to retake or apply to law school?

Re: For those who score below 140
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 01:52:29 PM »

You should not give up.  If you really want to go to law school spend the money and take a test prep course. Put in many hours taking practice tests and sections. It should be good for a significant point increase for you.  At least enough to break into the 150's. 

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 01:53:02 PM »
if you can afford it, i'd recommend a prep course, and not just a weekend one.
the good news is
from 135, you have a lot of room to grow and improve simply by getting a better grasp of a few key concepts.
buy the two bibles and get a good grasp of the basic concepts there, then focus on the more difficult concepts.

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 01:57:50 PM »
Thanks for the  support.  I am studying now I bought the powerscore books and I am taking  alot of practice test.