Law School Discussion

Feed Lily's music obsession

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Feed Lily's music obsession
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2007, 11:54:24 PM »
Oh god.  Breadboy, do the world a favor and kill self.  Hell, do yourself a favor and kill self.

Quoted for posterity.

FossilJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2007, 01:24:00 AM »
Oh god.  Breadboy, do the world a favor and kill self.  Hell, do yourself a favor and kill self.

Quoted for posterity.

Typing that made me happy.  ;D

Cathartic, I can imagine.

FossilJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2007, 06:16:33 AM »
Dashboard Confessional f-ing blows.  Chris Carraba makes me want to punch things.  Way to leave all the talented musicians behind, feminine hygiene product!

FossilJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2007, 06:21:55 AM »
Dashboard Confessional f-ing blows.  Chris Carraba makes me want to punch things.  Way to leave all the talented musicians behind, feminine hygiene product!

You clearly know a lot more about them than I do. I just think they have a few catchy tunes.

I am surly for a number of reasons, but I will admit that some of their tunes are catchy.  Derivative, but catchy.  And seriously, he left a really good band to do that drivel.  Has an ego the size of Jupiter.

Lily Jaye

• A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2007, 08:06:34 AM »

Now if only he'd pack up and leave!

Music, more or less in order of what I've recently listened to: Decemberists, Modest Mouse, Shins, Arcade Fire, Books, Flaming Lips, Beck, Ben Folds... none of which meets Lily's indie snob standards, I'm sure.  It's good, though.  I need some new music.

Some do.  (Not Beck.) 

I also need new music.  It's what comes with the territory when you date guys based on their playlists, and rely exclusively on them for new tunes.

Speaking of which, anyone want to make a boatload of money with me?  Preferably someone with web programming experience?

Lily Jaye

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2007, 08:07:05 AM »

I think I'm in love.

FossilJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2007, 08:11:35 AM »

I think I'm in love.

Yeah, right.  We'd make the perfect couple.  Bickering and arguing all day long.   :D

FossilJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2007, 08:12:49 AM »

Now if only he'd pack up and leave!

Music, more or less in order of what I've recently listened to: Decemberists, Modest Mouse, Shins, Arcade Fire, Books, Flaming Lips, Beck, Ben Folds... none of which meets Lily's indie snob standards, I'm sure.  It's good, though.  I need some new music.

Some do.  (Not Beck.) 

I also need new music.  It's what comes with the territory when you date guys based on their playlists, and rely exclusively on them for new tunes.

Speaking of which, anyone want to make a boatload of money with me?  Preferably someone with web programming experience?

I will make money with you.  I don't know if my programming experience is sufficient -- I can't code much more than HTML and a little PHP, but I've got a lot of other experience in the field.

Lily Jaye

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2007, 08:15:06 AM »

I think I'm in love.

Yeah, right.  We'd make the perfect couple.  Bickering and arguing all day long.   :D

Good point. :D

I will make money with you.  I don't know if my programming experience is sufficient -- I can't code much more than HTML and a little PHP, but I've got a lot of other experience in the field.

Yay!

PM'd.

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2007, 08:31:33 AM »
Some good "indie" bands/albums that I've been listening to lately include:

Black Angels-Passover
Comets on Fire-Avatar
Mountain Con-Sancho Paza
Menomena-I Am The Fun Blame Monster