Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USF, GGU, transferring  (Read 3603 times)

bastage

• View Profile
USF, GGU, transferring
« on: February 27, 2004, 08:08:33 PM »
So I was waitlisted at USF. Is this a deadend?

bastage

• View Profile
Re: USF
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 08:25:00 PM »
Anyone know if they usually pull people off the waitlist? I feel like they might not this year due to a high number of applicants.
Should I go to Golden Gate and try to transfer?

bastage

• View Profile
Re: USF, GGU, transferring
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 08:52:11 AM »
Has anyone applied to Golden Gate? Visited the school?

odes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 11:12:19 PM »
hey, I was waitlisted at USF also. My gpa is 2.92/160 lsat, double major in philosophy and political science and minor in history from UCSB. This is also only my third year so I'm graduating a year early. They asked if I would be interested in the evening division also. my email is e_oddo@msn.com. Get back to me.

insd

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 02:30:28 AM »
Hi. I am also waitlisted @ USF. Do you guys know how they decide (if they do) who they will admit off the list since the list is NOT RANKED?

I think I will do PT if given the offer, what about you Odes? :)

Best of Luck.

odes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 05:42:23 AM »
yeah, I might do the PT program. I need to wait on some other apps, I want to go to USD or Wake Forest. got waitlisted at Wake, haven't heard from USD.

bastage

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2004, 09:10:29 AM »
I might consider the part-time program also. I also applied to golden gate, and if they give me a big aid package, I might go there and try to transfer. Who knows.
Everyone I talk to says this has been a tough year. Someone told me that there was 80,000 applicants for 35,000 total spots at all the ABA law schools in the country. So I guess getting in anywhere is an accomplishment.
I was accepted in NYC also, so i might head out east.

habeas_dorkus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2004, 06:50:47 PM »
got my letter today telling me i'm wait-listed at usf. 2.79, 161, eight years as journalist. also got the part-time option, which doesn't really appeal to me at this point.

bastage

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 07:41:58 PM »
Where else have you applied? Where are you going to go?

habeas_dorkus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2004, 01:49:04 AM »
i applied to 10 schools; i've heard from four: in at university of miami, in at mcgeorge, in at nova southeastern, wait list at usf.

still waiting to hear from uc davis, hastings, san diego, santa clara, loyola, southwestern.

i really thought i'd get in at usf, especially after being accepted to miami, which is ranked 13 spots higher. being wait-listed doesn't make me very optimistic about davis or hastings. or santa clara, san diego and loyola, for that matter.

i'm not sure what i'm going to do. i was so down about usf today that i'm reconsidering going to school at all. i'd be giving up a career in which i've done pretty well, and i have some good opportunities coming up now -- i was recently contacted by a top-10 newspaper about a management job and i have an interview next week my paper's biggest rival. my biggest fear about law school is going into a lot of debt only to land a job as a lawyer which could pay me not much more than i make right now.

so i don't know what to do. a lot depends on what happens with davis and hastings. but like i said, i'm not holding my breath.