Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The GW thread  (Read 84954 times)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The GW thread
« Reply #1610 on: May 17, 2007, 01:33:09 AM »
Hey Captain,

How hard has it been to try and switch from PT to FT?  I have a friend who got accepted to GW PT and I told him to try and get in FT.  I've heard of people doing it after a year or two, but not before they started.  Just interested to hear how GW has responded to your request.  Thanks.

VAGator81

• View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: May 17, 2007, 01:44:16 PM »
Just got the large number of first deposits not taking many of the wait list letter from GW. Not surprised.

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #1612 on: May 17, 2007, 02:32:40 PM »
Hey Captain,

How hard has it been to try and switch from PT to FT?  I have a friend who got accepted to GW PT and I told him to try and get in FT.  I've heard of people doing it after a year or two, but not before they started.  Just interested to hear how GW has responded to your request.  Thanks.

Well, I was originally offered a spot on the WL, and then accepted PT -- essentially I had two applications in (PT and FT).

When I got into Emory FT, I contacted Dean Richard and asked about switching. The general rule is that PT students can switch after their first semester (but they basically take a full-PT load at night and one day course for the spring). Dean Richard also offered to consider me with the FT waitlist people -- I told her that I'd appreciate that.

Recently, I got a ridiculous scholarship offer from Emory, and I just-this-week informed Dean Richard of that offer, and basically said that I was leaning toward declining GW's PT program based on this. I also told them that I would definitely attend if my status was changed to FT.

If I can find this thread again (thanks search box...) then I'll keep everyone posted on that front. I doubt I'll hear anything before the deposit deadline though, and I won't be submitting another deposit, so I hope that I will still be considered as a WL candidate after that.
VIP.

shakermaker

• Shake allllong with meeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: May 17, 2007, 05:11:11 PM »
Just got the large number of first deposits not taking many of the wait list letter from GW. Not surprised.

Ouch. Me too. To say this cycle has been a disappointment would be an understatement.

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: May 17, 2007, 05:28:54 PM »

Ouch. Me too. To say this cycle has been a disappointment would be an understatement.

top 20 school aint bad...
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: May 17, 2007, 09:06:47 PM »

What did this letter say? And why do you favor GW over BU so much...do you prefer DC or something?

Speaking of which, what is the deal with BU's WL?
VIP.

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: May 17, 2007, 11:08:57 PM »

What did this letter say? And why do you favor GW over BU so much...do you prefer DC or something?

Speaking of which, what is the deal with BU's WL?

I have no idea, but I imagine after June 1 they'll be making some offers. If you got in, would you go there over Emory?

I'd have to think about it, but I probably would. I don't like the idea of moving to Atlanta, although I am in the process of mentally preparing myself to do so.
VIP.

dcforlife

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: May 17, 2007, 11:10:39 PM »
dc......dc......dc.......dc.. ... ;)

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: May 17, 2007, 11:20:05 PM »
dc......dc......dc.......dc..... ;)

Tell Dean Richard to hook me up with FT...
VIP.

dcforlife

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: May 18, 2007, 09:13:45 AM »
dc......dc......dc.......dc..... ;)

Tell Dean Richard to hook me up with FT...
I'm sure they will, but the when is the tough question. It makes sense for them to migrate PT(unwilling)->FT, and (waitlisted)->PT, but will that all happen post-deposit, or not unti later? My closest friend who goes there found out in AUGUST... she must have been the last accepted, I'm sure of it.