Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The GW thread  (Read 85110 times)

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
Re: The GW thread
« Reply #1460 on: March 11, 2007, 03:25:42 AM »
Well guys WL for me PT :(  looks like my GW dreams are over.  Congrats to all of you that got in though, maybe I'll see ya round the corner at CUA?!

:( I was pullin' for ya! Sorry to hear that, but don't lose hope. The waitlist isn't so bad, I'm sure some spots will open up.
VIP.

whateverlady5555

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: March 11, 2007, 02:37:51 PM »
Well guys WL for me PT :(  looks like my GW dreams are over.  Congrats to all of you that got in though, maybe I'll see ya round the corner at CUA?!

Dang it! MORE WAITING?! That stinks. I hope you get pulled off soon. Man. Applying to law school is NO FUN.

Imelda Marcos

• Sr. Citizen
  • If the "Choo" fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1462 on: March 11, 2007, 02:45:03 PM »
Thanks for all the support Cap'n, DrP, DCB!  I will get right on the LOCI, and resume.  In the meantime looks like I'm going to have to decide on a backup plan.   :-\
It's Official Loyola class of 2010!!

WL still pending, fingers crossed it would make for a much easier decision!

dcforlife

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: March 12, 2007, 02:16:38 AM »
Thanks for all the support Cap'n, DrP, DCB!  I will get right on the LOCI, and resume.  In the meantime looks like I'm going to have to decided on a backup plan.   :-\
Sorry Choo :( I was rootin' for ya. But I will continue - I had two friends get off the WL last year :)

latenitesession

• Sr. Citizen
  • My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: March 12, 2007, 10:47:25 AM »
Thanks for all the support Cap'n, DrP, DCB!  I will get right on the LOCI, and resume.  In the meantime looks like I'm going to have to decided on a backup plan.   :-\
Sorry Choo :( I was rootin' for ya. But I will continue - I had two friends get off the WL last year :)

Seconded- at least it's better than a rejection. Keep hope alive!
Fordham (PT)

zephyr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: March 12, 2007, 01:16:55 PM »
Anyone know when they're going to be sending out financial aid packages? I must say I'm feeling a bit slighted at not getting any money yet.
Jim McAllister: Larry, we're not electing the f-ing Pope here. Just tell me who won. -Election

kristen823

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #1466 on: March 12, 2007, 06:25:37 PM »
on the note of finaid. I got my fin aid decision/award letter today. all loans- subsidized and unsubsidized federal and grad plus. not too surprised, but i was hoping for a little money. might try to negotiate. when i saw the expected parental contribution i laughed, then cried a little, then i saw the loan total and cried a lot. i cannot believe i'm going so far in debt.  :o

good luck to those who just got put on the waitlist. if I get off the gtown wl I'll withdraw for ya- if i'm paying $60000 a year anyway, might as well go to gtown.

ugh, okay i'm gonna go look at my bank account balance while i cry some more...
So if you really love me, say yes(In): Maryland, Temple, Fordham, GW
But if you don't, dear, confess(Out):
And please don't tell me Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps(Def/WL): Gtown (PWL)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=kmk823

Imelda Marcos

• Sr. Citizen
  • If the "Choo" fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1467 on: March 12, 2007, 07:24:58 PM »

good luck to those who just got put on the waitlist. if I get off the gtown wl I'll withdraw for ya- if i'm paying $60000 a year anyway, might as well go to gtown.

Well, in that case I'll keep my fingers and CHoos crossed for the both of us  ;D :D ;)
It's Official Loyola class of 2010!!

WL still pending, fingers crossed it would make for a much easier decision!

r85

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #1468 on: March 12, 2007, 07:31:27 PM »
on the note of finaid. I got my fin aid decision/award letter today. all loans- subsidized and unsubsidized federal and grad plus. not too surprised, but i was hoping for a little money. might try to negotiate. when i saw the expected parental contribution i laughed, then cried a little, then i saw the loan total and cried a lot. i cannot believe i'm going so far in debt.  :o

I feel your pain.  I got my award letter the other day, and I got some grant $$, but not at all what I was expecting.  The expected parent/student contribution is ridiculously high on mine.

I actually tried calling today - spoke to someone in financial aid and someone in admissions; neither was too helpful.  The financial aid rep told me that they can look over my FAFSA and all that again, but I would have to send in a letter specifically requesting that, as well as pointing out in the letter why I feel I can't contribute that much.  The admissions rep told me that all the scholarship money is gone for this year.  "Well, if you really want to go to GW, you're just going to have to take out loans.  Everyone does it."  I know everyone does it, but it's still painful.   :-\

kristen823

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #1469 on: March 12, 2007, 08:00:47 PM »

Well, in that case I'll keep my fingers and CHoos crossed for the both of us  ;D :D ;)

oh, it will be so long before i can buy myself some jchoos, but i hope there are many choos in the future for both of us. i don't know- the amount of debt didn't feel real until now...and now i want to vomit.
So if you really love me, say yes(In): Maryland, Temple, Fordham, GW
But if you don't, dear, confess(Out):
And please don't tell me Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps(Def/WL): Gtown (PWL)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=kmk823