Law School Discussion

The GW thread

marlinspike

• Why yes, I am the one who took my avatar photo.
    • View Profile
    • Richard's Photos
Re: So what will GW do this week?
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2007, 05:29:38 PM »
I don't agree with people complaining for others to withdraw... if you earn an acceptance, you have the right to keep it until you've made a decision.

Sheesh, TONGUE-IN-CHEEK people.

Hey Now

• This Is Why I'm Hot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2007, 05:31:10 PM »
Not directed at you specifically... expressing frustration in anticipation of what these boards will look like in the spring.

Captain

• View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2007, 11:53:01 PM »
As far as withdrawing, I think it is common courtesy, both to your fellow applicants and to the schools in question that as soon as you have officially ruled out attending a school, you should withdraw.

For example, if I was in at G-Town, Harvard, Yale, Penn and Ave Maria... I'd probably withdraw from Ave Maria immediately, but I wouldn't withdraw from the other four until I felt I was prepared to make a final decision. There is no point, in this scenario, in stringing Ave Maria along -- I wouldn't need a safety school at that point.

So, just be courteous. When a school is crossed off your list, don't hold the decision until the deadline.

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2007, 12:05:25 PM »
what do you think my chances are at GW PT with a 160-161 and a 3.75-3.85 GPA from a top 40 school?  Crap soft factors except involvement in one extracurric for 4-6 years and good lor/PS?

marlinspike

• Why yes, I am the one who took my avatar photo.
    • View Profile
    • Richard's Photos
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2007, 12:24:58 PM »
what do you think my chances are at GW PT with a 160-161 and a 3.75-3.85 GPA from a top 40 school?  Crap soft factors except involvement in one extracurric for 4-6 years and good lor/PS?

I would say it's worth your time and money to apply but don't count your chickens.

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2007, 12:13:29 PM »
Just so you guys know, it may be awhile at GW...I don't have any inside info, but they called me sometime before New Year's to tell me I was in but I still haven't received anything in the mail yet...

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2007, 12:14:31 PM »
I got the call on 12/27 and I also have not recieved anything in the mail. 

enkidu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2007, 12:18:11 PM »
Really hoping for GW part time.

168 LSAT. Low GPA. 3-4 years work exp. Domestic and international volunteering for multiple places. Great, quality LORs from professors/vice presidents/general managers who know me personally.

*REALLY* crossing my fingers here. My GPA is the only thing that brings it into question.

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2007, 01:05:04 PM »
Man, would GW hurry up already?!?!  At least the timeframe between acceptances and scholarship offers is gonna be shorter.

In other news, Prof of SpaceLaw/Jesus/Whoever you are now
Have you visited WM yet? i'm visiting tomorrow.  I'm hoping to like it, it could potentially seal the deal for me with the scholarship offer i have.

Hey, after you visit give a little review of the new parts of the library especially ... I visited in August but the new lib hadn't opened yet.

In other news and predictions, Dean Richard found this thread and likes watching us all squirm ... so there will be no letters or phone calls this week or until such a time that there is no longer any activity here

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2007, 01:19:13 PM »
I got the call on 12/27 and I also have not recieved anything in the mail. 

Was the number listed as restricted?

I also got the phone call- and it was NOT restricted...