Law School Discussion

The GW thread

sk

• Not as scary as it looks!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: So what will GW do this week?
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2007, 01:56:31 PM »
Hey guys, it's been about 6 weeks since I submitted my app, yet I still haven't gotten my notice of completion... How did everyoneu get theirs??

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2007, 02:01:01 PM »
You can call and ask, but since they don't really require anything I'm sure you are complete.

sk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2007, 02:08:12 PM »
oh, so I was stressin for nothing?! I'll call just to make sure...

Captain

• View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2007, 02:16:25 PM »
We paid them 80 bucks to look at our files, not play outside! :)

I don't want to hear any complaints out of you. You've basically gotten into everywhere I've applied to and not heard back from yet. Well, not really, but W&M, AU, and Wake. I'm guessing I have a chance at W&M since you got $$ and I have a 3.5 on their index...or did you have some special hookup?

SRSLY! Prof. Jesus Spacelaw sucks like that...

marlinspike

• Why yes, I am the one who took my avatar photo.
    • View Profile
    • Richard's Photos
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2007, 02:19:31 PM »
We paid them 80 bucks to look at our files, not play outside! :)

I don't want to hear any complaints out of you. You've basically gotten into everywhere I've applied to and not heard back from yet. Well, not really, but W&M, AU, and Wake. I'm guessing I have a chance at W&M since you got $$ and I have a 3.5 on their index...or did you have some special hookup?

SRSLY! Prof. Jesus Spacelaw sucks like that...

Still, at least you're in somewhere. I haven't heard from anyone but Gtown which I applied ED to and got the big n-o from. Maybe they're just waiting to see what first semester senior grades are...which would be a good thing since they were good (brought both my overall and major gpa's up by .07...making my major gpa very good and my overall gpa almost acceptable.

sk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2007, 02:22:36 PM »
While you're on the phone, ask them if they're going to email decisions soon :D

will do! I'll ask them about the specific application of everyone on this board... That's how nice I am!  :D

marlinspike

• Why yes, I am the one who took my avatar photo.
    • View Profile
    • Richard's Photos
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2007, 02:26:48 PM »
I'm surprised you haven't gotten into AU or Wake, then.

Honestly I think my soft factors + personal statement + recommendations have really knocked my application over the fence. My parents are ticked off that I applied to so many schools and I feel bad now because I have to turn down so many great offers, but when I sent them all in, I wasn't sure whether I was competitive or not. I tend to underestimate myself, I guess.

Maybe I should apply to Harvard. WE ADMIT PEOPLE EVERY YEAR WHO THINK THEY HAD NO CHANCE OF GETTING INTO HARVARD LAW SCHOOL, after all!

Well, to be fair to the schools my non-GULC apps didn't start going in until the first week of December. I know my recommendations are killer, and I feel ok about my personal statement, not the best, but still good - a lawyer looked it over after I sent it in (am I the only person in the world who did his personal statement entirely on his own?) and said it's slightly informal but it's still very good. My soft factors are nothing except for my resume.

Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2007, 02:39:59 PM »
I'm surprised you haven't gotten into AU or Wake, then.

I actually didn't apply to AU, and I apparently only went complete at Wake about 20 minutes ago (according to the email...)...

I'll be waiting till march to hear from W&M.

Jets

• At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2007, 08:25:54 PM »
One just popped up from 1/3.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=pretetmanger

Congrats, whoever you are :)

Maybe they mailed something out via snail mail on the 3rd?

Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2007, 09:57:01 PM »
Come on GW... You KNOW you want to accept me. Sure I don't have a sexy index number, but you can't resist CAPTAIN LONGSHOT!