Law School Discussion

The GW thread

beeker

• View Profile
Re: The GW thread
« Reply #1550 on: March 14, 2007, 01:40:42 PM »
I don't think they're necessarily over-reaching with their $$ offers. I'm definitely still leaning towards GW, unless a T14 offers me a lot of money (seems unlikely). I'm sure they've managed to snag a few of us, and not everyone offered it was 170+. Quite a few were 168-169 range. They also seemed quite aware that we might not accept so I think they're tryin it out.

I got the offer with a 168 and am still very strongly considering it

latenitesession

• My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: March 14, 2007, 01:56:34 PM »
I hope you're/they're right -- I am excited beyond belief but admittedly a little scared too, heh. I am in the process of moving my office so I'll be just a stone's throw from the law school, and the office is bigger than my old one. "What will I do with the new space?", I asked myself... maybe this IKEA combo chair/bed ;p

I have that chair-bed. VERY comfortable. :-D

looks like a regular futon. no?

Imelda Marcos

• If the "Choo" fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1552 on: March 15, 2007, 10:19:43 AM »
Bump,

page two makes me sad

Quail!

• View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: March 15, 2007, 12:33:58 PM »
I don't think they're necessarily over-reaching with their $$ offers. I'm definitely still leaning towards GW, unless a T14 offers me a lot of money (seems unlikely). I'm sure they've managed to snag a few of us, and not everyone offered it was 170+. Quite a few were 168-169 range. They also seemed quite aware that we might not accept so I think they're tryin it out.

I got the offer with a 168 and am still very strongly considering it

Can I ask what your GPA is?

I think I missed the cutoffs, looks like its either 170+ or 3.7+ or both...which means that I aint gettin shiet.  Too bad, GW is gonna have to do a hell of a lot better than that to get me. Grrr, and I liked GW too.

latenitesession

• My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: March 15, 2007, 01:08:35 PM »
Unfortunately my fellow GW threaders, I will not be heading there this fall. No word from them yet, but ws just offered a job in a firm in NYC during the days. Law school will be picked up my them, so I can't really turn it down. Here I come Fordham.

« Reply #1555 on: March 15, 2007, 01:11:13 PM »
Unfortunately my fellow GW threaders, I will not be heading there this fall. No word from them yet, but ws just offered a job in a firm in NYC during the days. Law school will be picked up my them, so I can't really turn it down. Here I come Fordham.

Awesome! Congrats!

« Reply #1556 on: March 15, 2007, 02:19:07 PM »

Congrats on ending your cycle and the job offer!!  Looks like I'm sending in a deposit to Fordham as well, unless I get some waitlist love or some last minute acceptances from the other *five* schools that are still pending!

Clipse

• Strictly Bathing Ape, Ice Cream, and BBC rocker...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: March 15, 2007, 02:31:16 PM »
Vandy's bringing the pain.

and then some... serves me right for picking GW because they let me in ::)

silentlaw

• Selftar for new schoolmates!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: March 15, 2007, 07:41:18 PM »
Waitlisted today. If past medians are a useless indicator of likehood of acceptance, how should we decide where to apply?

Bitter, depressed, angry. GW was my top remaining choice. Complete in early Nov.
Writing LOCI as we speak.

Speachless.

Clipse

• Strictly Bathing Ape, Ice Cream, and BBC rocker...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: March 15, 2007, 09:08:44 PM »
Waitlisted today. If past medians are a useless indicator of likehood of acceptance, how should we decide where to apply?

Bitter, depressed, angry. GW was my top remaining choice. Complete in early Nov.
Writing LOCI as we speak.

Speachless.

It seems to me that they're obsessed with the 167 LSATs. I bet you're one of the first off the wait list.