Law School Discussion

The GW thread

lsatismylifenow

The GW thread
« on: January 01, 2007, 08:35:53 PM »
Any thoughts?

Jets

• At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
Re: So what will GW do this week?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 08:48:36 PM »
Any thoughts? Will they continue with the auto-admits, or will the normal people start getting admitted (and rejected, possibly)?

Isn't the office closed on Tuesday? I'm guessing/hoping we'll see some "normal people" action myself; maybe they're doing what BU did and are only calling some people, but mailing out letters to plenty of others?

Captain

• View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 09:54:26 PM »
My best guess is that they'll do more auto-admits, and continue to work down the list numbers-wise. So, for a middle-of-the-pack-er like me, I've got a little bit to wait.

How did GW's cycle go last year?

iscoredawaitlist

• The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 09:59:15 AM »
i think it's pretty hard to guess what's going to happen this cycle because it's already deviated so much from the last one. Last year, if you submitted by november 1st, it looks like the majority heard by december. Obviously that's not true this time around.

I'd think you may be half right, Jesus. I'll bet the majority of people who applied by late october AND get acceptances will get their decision by january. I wouldn't be surprised if they held off on rejections for a while. But then again, I'm guessing just as much as anyone else.

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 10:04:57 AM »
Yeah, pretty much :)

Not that LSN is representative (I think it is far moreso than what one would think on first impression - LSN is really pretty good for reference), but it's an interesting trend nonetheless. I think we are looking at normal decisions and emails coming very soon, perhaps this week.

It is pretty good, but only for T1 and upper T2 schools.  I think the representation of other schools is lackluster.

iscoredawaitlist

• The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 10:20:01 AM »
Yeah, pretty much :)

Not that LSN is representative (I think it is far moreso than what one would think on first impression - LSN is really pretty good for reference), but it's an interesting trend nonetheless. I think we are looking at normal decisions and emails coming very soon, perhaps this week.

It is pretty good, but only for T1 and upper T2 schools.  I think the representation of other schools is lackluster.

Yeah, that's a good point. the lower down the chain you go, the fewer LSNers apply there. i think it's pretty good for GW though!

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 11:06:39 AM »
I expect the first week of the new year would be really low efficient for most schools. People still get the chance to say happy holidays for the rest of the week. :D

Captain

• View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 11:32:29 AM »
With a new Dean of admissions, I dont think we can speculate on this years behavior based on last year.

True.

Most rolling schools promise a decision in 6-8 weeks. I'm expecting a decision by mid-late January, myself.

Jets

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 02:35:24 PM »
Hmm, probably not from today.

Like I predicted, I think they're done with the phone calls.

So what's next, do you think? GW is killing me here!

Jets

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 02:40:12 PM »
Mass emails. Tomorrow and Friday.

(::prays::)

Revert to Jesus for the night in honor of our collective GW prayer?