Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Recommended Reading  (Read 941 times)

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Recommended Reading
« on: January 01, 2007, 04:39:44 PM »
This has always been an interesting topic to me, and it's clearly one that matters to a lot of people. I've enjoyed reading everyone's feelings on this. I am currently an undergraduate admission counselor at a small college, so I have perhaps a different perspective than some. There's a great book called "Leveling the Playing Field: Justice and Politics in College Admissions" that I would really recommend to anyone who wants to learn more about affirmative action and what "merit" actually means.

philibusters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Recommended Reading
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 11:30:16 PM »
This has always been an interesting topic to me, and it's clearly one that matters to a lot of people. I've enjoyed reading everyone's feelings on this. I am currently an undergraduate admission counselor at a small college, so I have perhaps a different perspective than some. There's a great book called "Leveling the Playing Field: Justice and Politics in College Admissions" that I would really recommend to anyone who wants to learn more about affirmative action and what "merit" actually means.

Excellent.

That book sounds great.  Most likely I won't get to read it anytime soon, as I have a ton of general science books, and a ton of modern fiction books I bought based on newspaper reviews that I spent a couple hundred dollars on when my money is tight thus I have to read them first or kill self for wasting money.  But that book sounds incredibly-your last line, "what "merit" actually means " especially whets my curiosity.  Maybe I will check my local library to see if they have the title.
2008 graduate of William and Mary Law School