Law School Discussion

Question on timing of acceptances

Question on timing of acceptances
« on: December 30, 2006, 08:16:28 AM »
I've applied to a school for both the FT and PT programs. My numbers don't really support FT...although I'd certainly accept if offered! There are a number of FT acceptances posted on LSN, but no PT. I know my application was complete as early as, if not earlier, than some of those posted. The admissions office told me they don't separate FT from PT applications when reviewing, but I wondered if most schools would make the FT offers before the PT? No acceptace, but no WL or rejection either. I'm hoping for a PT offer! Hoping some of you have some insight on Admissions Committees! TY

Ali

• View Profile
Re: Question on timing of acceptances
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 09:19:44 AM »
I am interested in this too. I did the same with a few schools. There is really so little info on p/t

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 12:26:16 PM »
True. While I know I'm not an autoadmit, I guess I was also not an auto-reject! (same city...either sized envelop should have arrived by now:) So am I in the *maybe* pile? Does that mean waitlist for FT? In the *we'll get to the PT acceptances after the break* pile? I'm ok with PT...just want to hear!
Best of luck!

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 12:27:43 PM »
check www.lawschoolnumbers.com for cycles from previous years and see how/ when PT people fared.

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 12:40:56 PM »
 :-\

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 12:44:46 PM »
Well, interesting, the smiley posted, but not the reply.
Checking previous cycles was somewhat helpful. The decision dates range from Dec-March. Unfortunatly, many fewer PT applicants have accounts, and fewer still post decision dates. Could be, like me, they have are applying for either and have stats posted under FT only. Either way...MARCH?! Maybe next week...but no mail on Tuesday. Sigh...no pressure here.

Matokah

• Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 02:27:03 PM »
I don't know what schools you applied to, but if this helps at all, I was accepted to Southwestern (in Los Angeles, CA) as a part-time applicant about 2 weeks ago.  I also applied to Loyola LA part-time, but I don't know if I'll have to wait longer for that one.  Their deadline for part-timers to apply is about a month or so later than their full-time deadline.  If your schools are like this, it's very possible you might end up waiting a little bit longer since I'd assume deposit deadlines will be later for part-time applicants than for full-timers, as well.

Good luck! :)

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 03:24:54 PM »
Thanks for letting me know your experience. The deadlines weren't different (or at leat not that they let applicants know!) but I'm sure there's some formula for how they have/will review applications. I just need to be more patient...difficult during this whole process.
Thanks again!