Law School Discussion

Why Have You Decided To Go To Law School?

naturallybeyoutiful

• Everything is everything
    • View Profile
Re: Why Have You Decided To Go To Law School?
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2007, 04:35:28 PM »
Financial stability, prestige, to do work that makes a difference, achieve my dream since I was a kid, pave the way for my kids ascension to higher education, access to various money making avenues the law opens, possibly teach, write books, travel and study at different institutions, to make my parents proud, to show the gang youth I tutor that you can be whatever you want no matter where you come from, to enjoy life the Ralph Lauren way (lol), the intellectual camaraderie of others outside my perspective and understanding, and hopefully allow my wife to be a homemaker if she chooses...law is one of the few professions in life that can help or destroy people...I just want to leave my footprint in the sand like everyone else.

That is a great list!!!!!!

Paper Chaser

• http://guinnessandchocolate.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2007, 05:06:40 PM »
thanks...

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2007, 11:31:25 AM »
I made a big mistake as an undergraduate. I asked the dean of the college at the university I was attending, a former U.S. prosecutor, if a student could purchase and then resell cassettes on campus marked up without violating copyright laws (long story). He made me research it and report back to him. Ever since, I kid you not, he's brought it up every single year, even after I graduated and started my present career. It's been eating at me ever since - nearly 10 years.

It's intellectually stimulating, I can work as a public servant, and make a difference in peoples lives. If I can help one person solve one problem, big or small, that's enough for me.