Law School Discussion

Another Oregon question.

Another Oregon question.
« on: February 27, 2004, 04:38:05 PM »
If choosing only between Lewis and Clark, University of Oregon, and Williamette, how differently are graduates from each of these schools treated by Portland firms?

Re: Another Oregon question.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 05:25:05 PM »
Can't answer your questions about employment but the rankings certainly hold L&C higher than U of O. HOWEVER, if you are an in-state citizen, U of O is MUCH less expensive and not that much lower on the rankings, so is probably the better value. If you are out-of-state, however, L&C is the better value because Oregon does not recognize students as being "in-state" for establishing residency. Also, keep in mind, for what it's worth; Washington, Oregon and Idaho have  reciprocity, in that after practicing as an attorney for 3 years, you can apply for and automatically be granted (for a fee) the right to practice in the other 2 states without retaking the bar exam.

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 02:14:06 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate the information.  I spent some time with a group of local (Portland) lawyers this weekend.  For someone that wants to live and practice in Oregon, they essentially recommended that I go wherever is the best deal unless I really like one more than another. 

Full disclosure: I'm JamesB over on law school numbers.com.  I saw that you already were accepted at Lewis and Clark.  Congratulations.

Cheers

Duke

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 05:29:02 PM »
Attaboy, Duke/JamesB, way to network!! I'm jealous, I'm here in Yakima, WA (aka BumF___Egypt), myself.
Thanks. The money is a real problem, though, I have to admit, gotta look and see how that all falls out.
That's life, fersure.