Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LS admissions offices  (Read 779 times)

asdfjkl;

• View Profile
LS admissions offices
« on: December 28, 2006, 04:06:48 PM »
Admissions offices are closed for the winter break until January 2 or so. Do you think it matters whether someone turns in their application today or on January 1st?

annita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LS admissions offices
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 04:11:32 PM »
Depends on the school -- Columbia's office is definitely open.  A couple of us received "complete" emails from CLS over the past couple of days. I think NYU is also open -- I applied on 12/24 and they requested my report 12/26.

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 12:58:17 AM »
Depends on the school -- Columbia's office is definitely open.  A couple of us received "complete" emails from CLS over the past couple of days. I think NYU is also open -- I applied on 12/24 and they requested my report 12/26.

Actually, NYU is closed. It's weird how the request thing works, but I called them and they're definitely closed. CLS is open, however.
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 01:02:21 AM »
Anyone know if Boalt is open?

asdfjkl;

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 04:53:52 PM »
I meant for those schools that are closed for the winter break. Will it matter to them if you submitted your application at the beginning of break or at the end? I'm thinking in terms of what order they review your applications.

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 06:09:19 PM »
I meant for those schools that are closed for the winter break. Will it matter to them if you submitted your application at the beginning of break or at the end? I'm thinking in terms of what order they review your applications.

Good question. I don't know if this helps, but even the schools that are closed (e.g., NYU) requested my report. So it's possible that it's automated. In that case, if they have a queue, I'd be before whoever submitted after me whether they're closed or not.
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 06:33:05 PM »
Duke's was open yesterday.
Doooook. I imagine they're busy counting the ways the Durham DA messed up.