Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GPA Question.....  (Read 3423 times)

Jennifer10

GPA Question.....
« on: September 04, 2004, 06:32:24 PM »
When LSAC summarizes your cumulative GPA, what do the law schools you're applying to look at? The cumulative GPA (from them) or the GPA u got from your college?

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: GPA Question.....
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 06:35:43 PM »
the one from LSAC ...

but they will also look at your transcripts and see what courses you took, your college GPA, and the other stuff? that's on there ...

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 06:40:39 PM »
One note: I believe that when reporting class profiles to the ABA and LSAC, law schools must use the cum GPA from LSAC.  So if schools are keeping an eye to the rankings, the LSAC GPA will most certainly be more important than the GPA your school gives you.

Jennifer10

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2004, 06:44:51 PM »
The cumulative GPA the "experts" at LSAC give us is more important than the hard earned GPA it took us 4 years to earn??????????!!!!!!!!

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2004, 06:48:41 PM »
yes

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
  • Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2004, 06:49:03 PM »
Hahaha.  Yep.  Afraid that so.   >:(  But you could explain it in your PS or an addendum that you took some difficult courses. 
Drawing dead, serving 25 to life.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2004, 06:51:06 PM »
they will see your transcript too ... so if you're in a difficult major, they will consider that ...

but like absy said .. they care about the numbers they report, so if your LSAC GPA is below their median GPA, its not a good thing.

Jennifer10

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2004, 07:06:13 PM »
I seriously can't believe this bull!!  What if we &%#@^* up our first couple years and didn't do so hot?

I know that was my situation but I ended up busting my butt the last 2 years to get my grades up, etc., and finished w/a 3.4!

So now I have to worry about my cumulative GPA being a 2.0 or something like that because of the "F's" on my transcript?!

M2

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2004, 07:07:02 PM »
I seriously can't believe this bull!!  What if we &%#@^* up our first couple years and didn't do so hot?

I know that was my situation but I ended up busting my butt the last 2 years to get my grades up, etc., and finished w/a 3.4!

So now I have to worry about my cumulative GPA being a 2.0 or something like that because of the "F's" on my transcript?!

i dont understand...why would you get a 2.0 if you graduated with a 3.4?

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
  • Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2004, 07:09:33 PM »

i dont understand...why would you get a 2.0 if you graduated with a 3.4?

Unless the first 2 yrs wasn't factored into her GPA in the last two years.  Some schools doesnt include grades that were completed at another college. 

Advice: Kick ass on the lsat, so Adcomms won't have anything to doubt you. 

Drawing dead, serving 25 to life.