Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Deferral / "delayed decision" from Miami  (Read 672 times)

Reesespbcup

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yay summer!
    • View Profile
Deferral / "delayed decision" from Miami
« on: December 26, 2006, 12:00:18 PM »
I got a "delayed decision letter" from my top pick, the University of Miami on C-Mass eve. This made for a nice holiday, esp since all of the family wanted to know how applications were going.

Anyway, I've drafted a "continued interest letter" which I was going to send mid-Jan if I hadn't heard back from them by then (I submitted my apps mid-Oct). Anyone got time to waste and an interest in taking a quick look at my (1-page) letter? If so, PM me—I’ll return the favor too.

I felt like my stats were reasonably competitive: 3.5/ 156 and I have substantial work experience which I thought would make me a bit more competitive. I'm wondering what the "delayed decision letter" really means in terms of how they view my candidacy vs waitlists and actual “deferrals”.  I see a lot of waitlists for UM on LSN but not too many deferrals and of course, “delayed decision” isn’t an option… 
The hottest chicks go to UMiami

jkapplicant

• View Profile
Re: Deferral / "delayed decision" from Miami
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 04:45:23 PM »
I just got accepted to Miami with just about the exact same stats.  Since I got in regular with that, the prospects might be good for you.  I definitely think that the letter/ calling them would be a plus, as it shows that you're interested and would definitely go to the school (helping the yield rate).

Reesespbcup

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yay summer!
    • View Profile
Re: Deferral / "delayed decision" from Miami
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 08:43:30 AM »
Thanks for the reply! I'm keeping my fingers crossed...
The hottest chicks go to UMiami