Law School Discussion

LSAT addendum....

LSAT addendum....
« on: December 26, 2006, 09:07:53 AM »
So i increased my score by 5-7 points on my most recent lsat.  So should i write an addendum explaining why?

I unfortunately don't have a real reason except i was nervous as hell the first time.  I obviously can't put this as my reason... so do i make up something?

DO i say i took the first test cold and then studied a bit for the second one? 

Also, do i send an addendum to every school, or only ones who want an explanation if the diff is 5-6 points higher?

thanks in advice

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: LSAT addendum....
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 12:44:59 PM »
I wouldn't send an addendum anywhere unless they request it on their application or somewhere else. If you don't have a good reason, what is there to say? You definitely don't want to say that you didn't study for the first one, that looks terrible.

andyroberts

• Amy?
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: LSAT addendum....
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 06:24:48 AM »
He/she is right.  Schools will let you know on their application instruction sites if they want further explanation for things, but it's usually for negative factors--we can all agree that a score increase is not a negative.  This may be cause for them to look more closely at you, as well.  Besides, the time you take NOT writing all these explanations (and explanations for the explanations) may free up some time for you to check you blood pressure.  If you got that good an increase, your chances are good at getting in SOMEWHERE.