Law School Discussion

New or Old tests

->Soon

• View Profile
New or Old tests
« on: December 25, 2006, 01:30:40 PM »
now that im scheduled for the Feb test, its time to start studying!

is it worth it too look at the older tests, or should the main focus be on the newer tests?

thanks  :)

Re: New or Old tests
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 02:43:54 PM »
Hey,

I saw this post somewhere before. I think old tests have strong value b/c it is a standardized test. Yet once you get closer to the test date, I would recommend staying within past couple of years.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 03:55:02 PM »
and how do you get additional explanations for the pretptests?

so far, the only ones ive seen are in the superprep.

Ersatz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 12:46:22 AM »
I think the logic games from the older tests are definitely worth studying. The LG section has gotten much easier in the recent years, but there are two reasons why it's a good idea to go over the older games - 1) if you get used to solving the more difficult games from older tests, you'll have an easier time with the new ones, and 2) older tests have some funky off-the-wall types of games that may come up in your test and that you need to be aware of. I remember that some people were kind of thrown off by the lightboard game in October 2005, and others had problems with the clown wardrobe game in December 2006 because those games don't really qualify as the straight linear / ranking / etc. games that the recent tests have.

The LR questions are likewise worth going over. I don't think LR is any different now in terms of difficulty than it was in the older tests, so you can really do no wrong there.

The RC is really the only section that has changed in difficulty, at least based on my experience, so if you are pressed for time, you should concentrate on the more recent tests for RC.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 11:17:00 AM »
have the newer tests had any of the "rare" games on them?

my powerscore book is a few yrs out of date...