Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: not messing around anymore...  (Read 4002 times)

kulesh1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
not messing around anymore...
« on: December 23, 2006, 11:04:31 PM »
just took a very serious practice test with my friend who goes to nyu who i really wanted to impress. he proctered it, telling me when 5 and 1 minutes were. anyway i got a 159, ouch.   worst feeling in the world, fcked up my entire weekend.  missed: 10 lr, 9!reading comp and 8! games.   i feel for those of you who did not do as well as you wanted to on the real test because it is a really terrible feeling, even on a serious and proctered pt.   anyway, for the next month and a half i am devoting my life to the lsat, exclusively.  when i miss a question, i am taking it personally.   this test will define my academic career, and i am not taking any chances.  failure is not an option, i dont care if i neglect my schoolwork, my friends, or anything, i am getting it done.  anyone who has had similar feelings feel free to comment, later peeps.   
preppers, 165(right track), 159(pathetic), 168(sweet), 170!(who is da man) 159:(..(terrible) 170, 172, (needs no articulation)

ySKhYr

• View Profile
Re: not messing around anymore...
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 11:37:15 PM »
wow...i realize how important this test is, but you seriously have to chill. 
CLS '11

kulesh1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 12:01:34 AM »
lol, i cant chill. the feeling i had after the test was graded was an acute  sense of failure and frusteration that made me physically ill. if that happens on the real thing i could be sick for weeks.   my brain was made for reasoning and not math, so i am limited with regard to my options(cant be a doc or anyhting like that cause i couldnt do well in calc and chem).  how did you feel after getting your 158. you cant tell me that you didnt feel sick after that.    5 hours of study every day until the week before the test, all nighters, taking tests when im tired, taking tests when im sick....  "gonna turn this thing around, can you read my mind?" (the killers)
preppers, 165(right track), 159(pathetic), 168(sweet), 170!(who is da man) 159:(..(terrible) 170, 172, (needs no articulation)

ciao-a-bunga

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 12:02:55 AM »
so... then... why don't you go study

thetrianglekid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 12:05:08 AM »
lol OMG a month and a half!!!??  are you sure you can spare that much time?

baddabing

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 12:07:43 AM »
so... then... why don't you go study

seriously man, just get the job done and come back to share what you've learned instead of outlining every single step of the process

kulesh1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 12:07:49 AM »
thanks random, yeah he is a great guy, motivates me to do well. he got a 1520 on his sat and has a 3.9 at nyu as a double major foreign relations/economics.(kind of hard to life up to)   that is true i cant get any c's.  but this next semester i deliberately took all philosophy classes so i would not be bogged down with work.   philosphy tests are mostly  reasoning anyway, so with a quick reading of the material and a good memory and intelligence you can usually do pretty well.  thanks again for the kind words.  most people on this site are just awesome:) later

kulesh1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 12:09:47 AM »
dont worry peeps, i am putting in at least 4 hours tonight/this moring, ive got family freinds over now so i can only take 5 minute breaks away from them to chat.  dont worry, i talked the talk, i will walk the walk, lol, lame.

kulesh1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 12:12:05 AM »
lol OMG a month and a half!!!??  are you sure you can spare that much time?

well, ive got that much time before the test, ive already been studying hard core for about 4 months with really inconstant preppers 159-170. later

Hey Now

• Sr. Citizen
  • This Is Why I'm Hot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2006, 12:51:35 AM »
Wrong attitude... relax, study smarter not harder.  The tendency on this board is to take every released test and post your steadily improving scores in your profile to show how smart you are.  What you should focus on is not how well you did in practice, but how you can do well on the real thing.  And to that end, I don't think obsession is the best path.
Law School Yeah