Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: not messing around anymore...  (Read 4066 times)

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: not messing around anymore...
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2006, 08:01:53 AM »
julie want know what color pencils he using.  detail everything.

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2006, 09:45:15 AM »
Wrong attitude... relax, study smarter not harder.  The tendency on this board is to take every released test and post your steadily improving scores in your profile to show how smart you are.  What you should focus on is not how well you did in practice, but how you can do well on the real thing.  And to that end, I don't think obsession is the best path.

This is the credited response.  You need to focus on quality, not quantity. 

kulesh1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2006, 02:47:21 PM »
you are funny mdlaw, surfing the net looking to pick fights with people.  what a retard.  lex seriously get a life.  actaully reading comp is not my weakness, i usually miss 4.  why dont you dissect this post for grammatical errors, loser
preppers, 165(right track), 159(pathetic), 168(sweet), 170!(who is da man) 159:(..(terrible) 170, 172, (needs no articulation)

n/a

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2006, 03:05:45 PM »
I just realized where I've seen Fulesh before.

http://www.back-to-iraq.com/archives/Files/cigarette.jpg

Nice, I thought it was here:

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2006, 03:48:34 PM »
you are funny mdlaw, surfing the net looking to pick fights with people. what a retard. lex seriously get a life. actaully reading comp is not my weakness, i usually miss 4. why dont you dissect this post for grammatical errors, loser

what, you got nothing for julie?

MDLaw10

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2006, 05:42:30 PM »
you are funny mdlaw, surfing the net looking to pick fights with people.  what a retard.  lex seriously get a life.  actaully reading comp is not my weakness, i usually miss 4.  why dont you dissect this post for grammatical errors, loser

I refuse to take anything you say seriously until that picture is removed.  I understand why you're brushing off all these comments and chalking them up to someone picking a fight. But, the reality is no one wants an update on your progress everyday.  Get a pen pal.

wolfpack2

• Sr. Citizen
  • I should be reading cases....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2006, 07:29:36 PM »
lol, i cant chill. the feeling i had after the test was graded was an acute  sense of failure and frusteration that made me physically ill. if that happens on the real thing i could be sick for weeks.  

On that note, I finished the LSAT and a week later was in the ER with an ULCER. it really really sucks, let me tell you.  I had the same attitude without as much drive which lead to more stress.  I think you have a good idea, but like someone said, your GPA will not forgive you so be sure to not just drop school. My GPA this semester was my worst yet, luckily this late in the game 12 credits barely affects my overall GPA, but it does mess up my "upward trend".  So be careful, but GOOD LUCK!

kulesh1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2006, 07:39:03 PM »

thanks for the kind words wolfpack(nc state student/fan?). yeah, not taking spanish this semester so that should help, all philosophy classes because that is my forte. plus a difficult logic class that cant hurt:)  yeah, i will more than likely just be a studying hermit until feb 11, ill allow my social life to flourish after that.
md law, i refuse to take my picture down, you know it is hot, dont lie. and some people like to share progress and encourage each other, its called living in a society, you should try iy some time.
later peeps, and merry xmas to all.
preppers, 165(right track), 159(pathetic), 168(sweet), 170!(who is da man) 159:(..(terrible) 170, 172, (needs no articulation)

Ersatz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2006, 08:22:59 PM »
i refuse to take my picture down, you know it is hot, dont lie.

Hilarious.

At any rate, listen to what many people that are a) much smarter than you, and b) have already gone through the long and arduous process of LSAT preparation are telling you. They have the collective cumulative wisdom of thousands of hours of studying for this test. Your LSAT experience, on the other hand, is much more limited. You don't know what you are talking about, and you have to accept the fact that others do.

You are approaching the LSAT as some living, breathing entity that maliciously murdered your entire family and left you for dead, and whom you have sworn to track down and kill, no matter what it takes. That's stupid. Even worse, it's counterproductive. If you live and die with each LSAT question, you are going to burn out long before the results of your studying produce any improvement.

The LSAT is a set of problems that you can learn how to answer. There is really no silver bullet, no magic trick, and no shortcut. The simply reality is that there are several thousand LSAT questions from past tests, and to improve your score considerably and to score higher consistently, you have to go through most of them in the course of your studying. As you do that, you should see familiar patterns begin to emerge, you will become able to anticipate correct answer choices even before you read them, and you will become more and more familiar with the myriad of ways the LSAT question writers try to trick you into selecting the wrong answer.

I don't believe that full-length LSAT preparation can be achieved in a month and a half. Further, your wildly inconsistent scores (170 to 159? A world of difference!) indicate that your four months of studying have not been fully beneficial. If your prep tests continue to range this much, the real LSAT will likely not be kind to you. My advice for you is to not take the February test, but rather to plan for June or October of next year, develop a good plan of study, enroll in a full-length preparation course (or just buy all the good books), and spend several hundred hours working on the questions. Rely on the other members of this board to help you answer questions as they come up, and you will end up with a good score next June or October. (Of course, I have a feeling that you will not want to delay taking the test, and will ignore this advice. Just my two cents.)

kulesh1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2006, 08:31:51 PM »
thanks for the advice ersatz, maybe you are right(probably are). to that end, i was actually nervous taking a timed pt proctered by my friend so that probably idicates that i need to chill and put it all in perspective.  as for not taking the feb, i think i will be ready, just putting in another 100 hours or so should help with my consistancy, my only real problems now are the reading comp and the games.  reading comp is usually -4 but can get all the way up to -9 if i get flustered and lose track of my time.  games is coming along nicely with steady improvement so i think those hundred hours should be really beneficial.  anyway, thanks again, and i can always retake, though hopefully i wont have to. im taking another prepper tomaorw(made my parents get me the last 10 for xmas, haha)  if i score i 159 again or dont get at least a 164 i will seriously consider taking your advice. have a good christmas and good luck to you in whatever juncture you are currently in with the law school proccess:)