Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: not messing around anymore...  (Read 3902 times)

kulesh1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: not messing around anymore...
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2006, 01:12:14 AM »

thanks for the advice, however i dont know if i will be able to put it into practice,   i think of the lsat now as a living breathing entity  whose only aspiration is to cripple my hopes and dreams, something that i must triumph over to realize my potential in life.    i know i sound more like a paranoid schitzofrenic than someone who is going to do well on the lsat, but... what are you going to do?    i constantly think about it, wake up in the middle of the night contemplating it,  dissect my friends arguments searching for logical inconsistancies, i am a sick kid. pray for me.
preppers, 165(right track), 159(pathetic), 168(sweet), 170!(who is da man) 159:(..(terrible) 170, 172, (needs no articulation)

GothamBaller22

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2006, 01:39:45 AM »
Kulesh,

Whats up man.

I feel what you're going through. Even though I am not thinking of it as the complete end that must be overcome, I do bang/punch/headbutt the LSAT page when I get an LR wrong.

This LSAT score is all that is preventing us from an economically secure future. But Keep working hard,  keep an even keel. That is the only way to bring out what you are capable of.

ySKhYr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2006, 01:47:45 AM »
how did i feel after i got a 158 on one of my practices?  i didn't feel sick at all...instead, i looked at the test rationally.  I reviewed my mistakes, analyzed them, and thought of all the ways I could improve.  Like a poster said above...study smarter, not harder.  I did only around 8 full preptests total, which is probably more than the average joe but still much less than some people on this forum.  However, I made sure that I wasn't making the same mistakes again and again...which is an easy trap to fall into if you're just trying to blitz through as much prep material as possible.  I jumped from 158 to 167 and then to 176 with very little work in between, because I took the time to find out WHY i was getting things wrong and figuring out ways to fix my mistakes.  You don't have to do tests every day for 5 hours and study when until you're sick and tired...to me, it seems like a recipe for burnout and diaster, but I guess you may learn differently than me, so I won't tell you not to do it.  Regardless, good luck.
CLS '11

kulesh1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2006, 01:53:15 AM »

thanks baller,  it is good to know that there are people out there with similar feelings/aspirations, even if they arent nessesarily as extreme and absolute as is my particular case.  yeah financial security is the ultimate end, most deff.  anyway, good luck to you my friend.. how is your studying going? what are your strenghts and weaknesses thus far?  i thought reading comp was my biggest strengh until i got a 28 question section with no interesting passages, that is a formula for disaster.  when are you taking it? alright, later.  
preppers, 165(right track), 159(pathetic), 168(sweet), 170!(who is da man) 159:(..(terrible) 170, 172, (needs no articulation)

kulesh1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2006, 02:01:37 AM »
thanks for the reply ySKhYr .   yeah i am going to go over my test thoroughly.  it may be pathetic/extreme but i learn best through painstaking and relentless dedication that may border on obsession. i memorized every single sat word by studying two hours a day for a month and scored in the 99% on those two particular sections, so i think it works for me, but it is deff not for everyone. learning from mistakes is our greatest asset while studying for this test, i agree wholeheartedly... i am usually not taking preppers when i study, just going over games and bibles and stuff like that.  i take a prepper about once or twice a month.  anyway thanks for the kind words and good luck to you.  late   

GothamBaller22

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2006, 02:42:46 AM »
Hey Kulesh,

Games is def. my biggest strength. I know what you're saying with RC, there are some where I am 25/27 and others 18. I think I approach it with too much confidence but its the same question types  that kill me: Organization of Passage, Analogous Situation, etc.
But Args is my make or break. Its strange, but the Formal Logic Assumptions, Parallel Reasoning are my biggest strengths, and the others, like Flaw etc. that others find easy trip me up. Any similarities with those question types?

kulesh1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 03:11:16 AM »
yeah, for me the rc problem is the time, i think i am breezing along and then i find out that i have only 3 minutes for the last passage:(  i am pretty accurate though.  that is awesome that games is your biggest strength, as they can often be a huge source of frustration.  how was your progression in that area? were you always strong and finshing every game or did you start out slow and have to build up before you could finsih them all?...  i used to struggle a bit on the parralel reasoning and formal logic too, have you read the powerscore bible, it is a great help. you should check it out... that is funny about that pointing out flaws of peoples arguments/reasoning. my friends just laugh at me and tell me to shut up, however i dont think it is a good idea to correct the ladies, haha.  i am just now reviewing my prep test of today and finding out that i just made a lot of dumb mistakes like not reading every answer choice and missing key words in the stimulus. pretty dissapointing but im learining from it.  yeah you just have to go slow and not get overconfident on the easy ones, thats the best advice i can give you. i need to put it into practice as well:) later man.

Lex Luthor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2006, 03:46:42 AM »
Adderall?
Especially Lex, whom everyone knows is one of the biggest flame/trolls on LSD.

kulesh1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2006, 03:56:15 AM »
no not adderall, i am however taking every supplement in the book(piracetam primaracetam, fish oil, gotu kola ginkgo biloba, spike, choline, also i take the drug provigil

Lex Luthor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2006, 04:03:19 AM »
no not adderall, i am however taking every supplement in the book(piracetam primaracetam, fish oil, gotu kola ginkgo biloba, spike, choline, also i take the drug provigil

Yes, yes, I can tell.  Little Lex laughs at your lack of sense.
Especially Lex, whom everyone knows is one of the biggest flame/trolls on LSD.